FOX Networks Group (FNG) is 21st Century FOX’s international multi-media business. We develop, produce and distribute 300 wholly- and majority-owned entertainment, sports, factual and movie channels in 45 languages across Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. FNG’s core channel brands include FOX, FOX Sports, FOX Life, FOX and National Geographic Channel. FNG’s movie channels include FOX Movies, FOX Movies Premium and SCM (formerly Star Chinese Movies). Our non-linear brands include FOX Play, FOX Play and Nat Geo Play. These networks and their related mobile, non-linear and high- definition extensions, reach over 1.825 billion cumulative households worldwide. In addition, FNG owns and operates two production studios and produces thousands of local programming hours for its wholly owned channels and third parties.
Chinese Production Manager - Star Chinese Movies / Star Chinese Channels
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004837074
Employer Ref. C&C-SCCSCM-20160929 - 02/FOX0002XW
- Chinese Production Manager / Senior Manager (Film/TV)
- Based in Hong Kong
- University Degree
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the business, financial and recruitment side of film and television productions that include supervising the producers and production houses on planning schedules, organising resources, locations and equipment, and monitoring costs and budgets.
- Work closely with the Production development team on Film and TV projects in conjunction with each project’s producer and/or manager-in-charge
- Organize and supervise the business, finance and legal issues in film and television productions.
- Manage the production budget and make sure overall production runs smoothly during filming.
- Liaise with producers and production studios of each project from LA to Beijing on pre-production to post-production with travelling required.
- meet the producer and other senior production staff to examine scripts or program ideas
- supervise and draw up shooting schedule and manage cost
- recruit crews and contractors, and negotiate pay rates
- negotiate costs and approve the booking of resources, equipment and suppliers
- oversee location bookings, arrange necessary permissions and risk assessments
- In-Production and Post-Production:
- ensure production runs according to schedule, and report progress to the
- manage production schedule and budget
- manage production team
- ensure insurance, health and safety rules, copyright laws and union agreements are in compliance
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in film or TV production in HK/Taiwan/China
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and familiarity with the TV industry in Asia a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
- Be a team player
Interested parties please send your application with a resume, cover letter, current & expected salary by clicking "APPLY NOW
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy, a copy of which is available upon written request.