ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Boasting over 25 years of award winning event management experience, cievents is the first port of call for businesses around the world in need of a business event specialist.With offices in Hong Kong, Auckland, London, Birmingham, New York and around Australia, cievents has a strong presence in almost every corner of the globe. Our goal is plain and simple – to stimulate and inspire your audience by implementing innovative events, cutting-edge content and communications, engaging incentives and reward and recognition programs. We are the one-stop shop for all your event management, production, incentive and design needs.
cievents Hong Kong is currently expanding rapidly and is looking for a new Business Development Manager to support our growth.
Client Service Manager - cievents HK
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004835228
Reporting to: Director of Client Service
Overall Purpose: To support sales team in acquiring new business on Event Management, design, logistics & production services at a profitable level for the company.
- To assist the Sales team to win new business at a profitable level from new and incumbent customers.
- To carry out cold calling into new potential clients and schedule well qualified sales meeting for the Sales to attend.
- To help prepare budgets and proposals for submission/pitching to clients.
- To develop strong business acumen skills and the ability to question client on their business objectives in order to indentify where we can best add value.
- To develop a workflow process that allows the support that is needed for CSM’s as well as completion of other tasks.
- To develop a detailed understanding of cievents products and services, and how they best serve our clients.
- To develop a high level of market knowledge and insight.
- To attend meetings to learn how we present our offering and develop sales skills such as negotiation and closing.
- To ensure all relevant reporting is completed, updated & delivered in a timely manner
- To alert Director of Sales to any key changes within existing clients’ business or industry that will affect cievents.
- To actively share relevant market intelligence with team colleagues via team meetings
- Sales & Marketing
- Able to build and grow business networks to convert business opportunities.
- Understand how to generate leads from all sources eg. Databases, telemarketing, research, cold calling.
- Understands trends in the market and able to identify potential opportunities.
- Industry Networking
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to develop relationships, trust & credibility with key suppliers and business leaders.
- Able to negotiate will suppliers to provide the best outcome for the business and the client.
- Business acumen
- Understands how business decisions are made.
- Able to identify all stakeholders and decision makers within the business to ensure sales team deliver appropriate pitches/solutions, relevant to client position objectives.
- Sound knowledge of procurement, product & market trends.
- Able to understand and drive the pricing models & business solutions to maximise profitable business.
- Able to understand the commercial structure & drivers of the client organisation.
- Able to think across functionally & balance business & client requirements.
- Account Management
- Confident in approach with clients and builds rapport effectively.
- Uses the process of partnering with key clients to achieve their business objectives.
- Is able to identify & maximise new business opportunities from within the incumbent client portfolio.
- Makes confident recommendations to clients providing them with the cievents service offering that suits and fulfils their needs.
- To resign incumbent business within the Event Management teams that Sales support.
- Sets clear expectations and consequences.
- Communicates effectively with all audiences using written, graphic and verbal expression.
- Able to collaborate with peers to ensure skills are harnessed for the most effective outcome.
- Prepared to empower others ensuring they are armed with the necessary tools for success.
- Learning & Development
- Positively receives feedback to improve performance.
- Recognises and acts on opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Time Management
- Maintains a highly organized approach to work.
- Works on multiple tasks at the same time, completing them within required time frame and quality standards.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and meets deadlines.
- Upholds Company Philosophies
- Demonstrates a belief in the Flight Centre Philosophies and lives and breathes the ciway.
- Exhibits passion for their business and company.
- Encourages a sense of enjoyment in the workplace.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated sales skills in a same or similar role
- Existing network of contacts who could be potential clients for cievents
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build effective client relationships
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Computer literate in standard MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Team player and adaptable
- Ability to accept responsibility
- Ability to resolve issues to the satisfaction of both client and company
- MICE product experience in key regions preferred
- Cantonese and English language required
- Mandarin knowledge desirable
Would you like to apply to this job?