Client Solutions Assistant
Black Dog Consultants Limited
jobsDB ref: JHK100003005146214
We are a leading provider of training, facilitation and coaching services in the Asia Pacific region and we are looking for a junior level Client Solutions Assistant to join our Client Solutions and Finance Operations teams at Black Dog Consultants.
Day to day, this means you will get involved in a wide variety of tasks that a small business needs to perform at the top of its game. This is not a big company with a more traditional environment - this is a dynamic, fast-paced small company who are well-established and keen to keep growing and building on their already considerable successes. As such, this role is most likely going to suit a bright, self starter who wants to jump right in and learn about business at the sharp end.
We will discuss the role further at interview, but here are some examples of the sort of things you may be asked to get involved in:
- Working with the Client Solutions team to help manage our client and associate relationships
- Attending meetings and teleconferences alongside your colleagues and taking meeting notes to send out to clients which capture important decisions and actions to be taken
- Calling clients or suppliers when things need following up, or discussing further
- Helping to research, prepare and write client proposals
- Assisting with content development for our workshops then preparing the trainer and delegate materials
- Assisting with diary management for the entire regional network of associates
- Booking hotels, travel and getting visas for our associates
- Developing a plan for how we connect to existing, new and potential customers through our website and social media channels
- Overseeing, publishing and maintaining content for our website and social media channels
- Processing team/company expenses inputting them onto Xero and getting them organised for the accountants
- Will learn to understand enough about the financial processing and management of key accounts including raising quotes and simple invoices
You are going to have an insatiable appetite for learning new skills and a natural curiosity for understanding the what, why and how of running a small but dynamic and highly respected business.
You will be ready, willing and able to take on both routine tasks and bigger challenges as they occur, understanding that no one day is the same as the next and that there will be different things you will need to do from day to day, often with no formal training or close supervision.
You are also looking for a career, not just a job.
We will introduce you to what we do in both the classroom and our other training interventions, what makes us unique in the market place so that you will be able to articulate our key points of difference to a client or at a networking meeting. You will not just be an employee at Black Dog Consultants - you’ll be an ambassador for Black Dog Consultants.
As this is an entry level role, you are likely to be coming to us with little or minimal work experience. Therefore, your mindset is critical. We've identified some of the key things which will help you understand how to thrive in our pack.
- Most important – you will be 100% ready and willing to embrace the sometimes chaotic nature of a small business environment. For some things we follow simple processes, but for others there are few ‘rules’ or guidelines, meaning you need to use your own wise judgement to solve problems and bring potential solutions to the team table for discussion
- We are looking for you to be energetic, enthusiastic and proactive with a ‘can-do’ attitude, which means you come across as friendly and approachable, with an observable willingness to be a committed team player
- We need a modern-day, flexible worker who both understands and who eagerly embraces available technology and social media to harness the powers they can bring to a small business – a keen interest in this area and some experience with all things ‘virtual’ would be a real advantage
- Given the pace we work at, you must be proactive and able to work with minimum supervision once briefed with a task/project and critically, you must have your own inner confidence to speak up if you are lost or unsure about something – or you think there is another way of doing something which may be better
- You will be aware of your own personal values and ethics, meaning you respect the work and environment of your team mates, our associates and our clients and you are committed to making the diverse set of relationships you have at work as strong and as productive as possible
- You are as committed to embracing diversity, celebrating differences and developing the strengths they bring, as we are – we are an international team, spread across the region and all with a wide base of skills, cultures and personal working styles – we work hard to make sure everyone’s contribution is valued and we will expect you to be as committed to that too
- Whatever your educational background, age or qualifications, you ‘get’ the concept of being a life-long learner and you will be happy to take joint accountability with us for your own development at Black Dog
- And finally, if all you've ever done is had your nose in a book to study, please don't apply. We want people who have 'things I've done' stories to tell, who have played team sports and who have been out and seen the world they live in. We are a bunch of committed disruptors and you'll need to be ok being part of that too.
This role is ONLY open to permanent residents of Hong Kong (or those with a proven right to work here). We will NOT be providing a work visa or any assistance with relocation.
A working knowledge of Cantonese and Mandarin would be considered an advantage, but is not a deal breaker.
Fluent spoken and written business English is ESSENTIAL,
Please apply by sending BOTH a covering letter detailing why you believe you'd be suitable for this role, together with your CV, bio or other creative way of telling us about yourself - those only sending their LinkedIn profile will not be considered. We want to know why you WANT to join us.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 31st March 2017.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 6th April 2017
The role is full time, based at our cool and funky office in Central and the salary range is HK$10K-15K/month, together with 20 paid days holiday and MPF.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Black Dog Consultants Limited
About Black Dog Consultants Limited
BLACK DOG CONSULTANTS
Black Dog Consultants is a unique network of outstanding business facilitators, trainers and executive coaches specialising in the Asia Pacific market.
Together with the founder of the business, Sally Leonard, the consultants at Black Dog offer those truly inspirational and thought-provoking, facilitator-led workshops and coaching sessions that are rare in the market place.
Our areas of expertise lie mainly in creating programmes and facilitating workshops in:
- leadership development at all levels
- graduate development (often multi-layered and of long duration)
- mentoring experiences
- the full range of management soft skills (ie negotiation, influencing, motivation, engagement, coach-approach management, difficult conversations, performance mgt etc)
- speaker training and personal presence
- presentation skills (from beginner to story-telling leader)
- consultative and ‘needs based’ selling
- innovative thinking and creative problem solving
- EQ, resilience and mindset development
- change management
- cross-cultural issues, diversity and inclusion
- media and crisis preparation
We also work with clients to engage in coaching assignments at all levels of the business and we regularly deliver team off-sites/meetings and facilitate CSR days.
Black Dog Consultants is unique, because its people are unique. We are Asia Pacific’s leading network of the industry’s finest when it comes to organisational development facilitators, trainers, coaches and communications consultants. We can either deliver your globally-created programmes with regional context and passion, sharing our external experience and industry-wide knowledge, or we develop tailor-made programmes to suit your exact corporate needs and objectives. For the latter category, nothing we create is ‘off-the-shelf’. Ever.
We are all talented, diverse and dynamic professionals, who are true leaders in a variety of fields. And who all deliver tailored, customer-focussed training packages - with a twist.
As individuals, we don’t claim to be expert in delivering every type of training programme, but as a group within the consultancy, we can cover most customer needs and briefs. We also travel well, delivering our programmes in Sri Lanka one day and Singapore or Sydney the next. Or if it suits you better, you can tap into our unrivalled APAC regional network if you want continuity of message, delivered on a local basis, often in local language and with local context.
We have offices in Hong Kong (Head Office) and Singapore and further on the ground presence in China, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, India, Vietnam and the Philippines.
The promise at Black Dog Consultants is to deliver ‘Simply superb business coaching….’ - something one of our clients kindly said about us one day. In fact, we’re so committed to our brand statement, that if we don’t believe we can deliver on that promise, then we won’t accept your brief. We’d rather turn you down, than let you down and you can’t say fairer than that.