Maggie & Rose
Maggie & Rose is a private members club for families, with clubs in West London, Hong Kong, and further expansion in progress. We provide a home away from home for families, run amazingly creative classes for little ones and put on the best kid’s parties ever.
The Club Manager is responsible for the overall management and performance of the on-site club. Areas of authority include: facility and day-to-day operations, management of club staff, sales performance, cost management and budget over site.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004782825
Based in: Repulse Bay, Hong Kong
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Membership Services Team, Club Cleaners
- General day-to-day operations and service of the club through its different departments: Membership Services, Food & Beverage, Events & Parties.
- Be ‘the face’ of the Club for members and staff, upholding the Maggie & Rose ethos and values (Think Visually, Inspire Creativity, Be Extraordinary and Support & Nurture)
- Own your club’s numbers
- Work in synergy with General Manager to optimise operations by developing efficient systems, team structure and processes.
- Work to optimise operations by developing efficient systems, team structure and processes.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the different departments by developing team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Managing your team’s schedules to meet the needs of the club. This includes creating rotas for staff.
- Remaining friendly and approachable: we’re looking for someone with a hands on approach who can work well under pressure in this fast paced, diverse environment.
- Creating and maintaining an environment where customer service/quality standards can flourish.
- One of our core values is Think Visually. You will be responsible for the look, feel and maintenance of the club to keep it visually inspiring for all our members.
- Meeting and exceeding the needs of our members who are both big and small.
- Responsible for client satisfaction and responding to any member complaints in a timely, professional manner.
- Responsible for the promotion and maintenance of the Club’s positive public image.
- Conduct tours for prospective members.
Sales & Marketing
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and maximising business relationships.
- Responsible for managing sales within all teams, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, expense/budget controls and meeting targets.
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each department (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic cost of operating the work force (across all departments); and staff development plans.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the club with targets and commission plan.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the Membership Services Team, Cleaning Team and Classes by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, customer service reports, cyclical sales meetings and newsletters.
- Participate in drafting new ideas to improve sales figures.
- Ensure accurate update of CRM to effectively evaluate sales and marketing.
- Participate and support marketing media, including writing newsletters and updates for the M&R magazine
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree-level education or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in management role
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels and channels
- Excellent writing skills
- General business knowledge and ability to think commercially
- An analytical approach to work, problem solving skills and initiative.
- Account skills for daily cashing up
- Strong attention to detail and investigative nature
- Excellent time management skills and prioritisation
- Ability to work as part of a team and build strong working relationships
- Able to make quick but rational decisions
- Can lead and motivate others
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite, iKentoo POS, Salesforce CRM
- Must be fluent in English, additional Cantonese/Mandarin Language is a benefit
Key Performance Indicators
- Minimum of ‘Satisfactory’ results in annual performance evaluation.
- Meet annual Club sales targets for all revenue streams
- Deliver Club Operations Handbook.
- Successfully pass internal club audit for quality and procedural systems
- Ensure annual fire safety measures are accurately following and documented
- Deliver business continuity plans in case of absence of GM to Director
- Deliver a maximum of 30% staff turnover
- Perform under budget for annual Club operations
- Manage to deliver overall 20% annual operating costs to annual operating income.
- Complete basic safety course training for all Club staff members
- Deliver bi-monthly update on the Club for M&R magazine
- Lead weekly staff meetings
*We take child safeguarding very seriously and follow safer recruitment procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please apply with full resume including current and expected salary and availability by clicking “Apply Now“. Those that did not state salary expectation will not be entertained.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.