The Body Shop
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004783617
The Body Shop
Part of the L’Oréal group, The Body Shop Hong Kong has an exciting new opportunity working in our Commercial Team. We are a natural and ethical beauty brand, with 3050 stores in 66 markets around the world, operating through a multi-channel retail strategy, including stand-alone stores, global travel retail locations and e-commerce sites. We are looking for a high caliber candidate with strong business acumens and market savvy to join us as
- To drive the implementation of the strategic category plans with key departments and ensure category strategies being planned, implemented and executed smoothly
- To collate and analyze category performance to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity of investment
- To evaluate the effectiveness of promotional activities, provide information on sales trends and retail store performance by category to Senior Manager to help develop appropriate strategic and/or tactical retail programs
- To manage product lifecycles from recommending new product buy quantities to discontinuations. Track and analyze product performance and provide recommendations for actions
- Responsible for the timely dissemination of communication on operational issues that affect ongoing and new product activities
- To manage and maintain Product Assortment List as well as product pricing.
- Regular review of market information and competitors’ commercial activity to ensure the effectiveness of category strategies
- To manage product margins within budgetary control, provide contingency plan to replace when promotions that are underperforming against forecast.
- Degree holder in Business Administration or related disciplines
- Around 8 years hands-on merchandising / buying experience with 3 years experience in People Management, merchandising strategy and category planning is highly desired
- Numerical, analytical, detail-orientated, knowledge of personal care / skin care products and / FMCG industry preferred
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Cantonese
- Independent, excellent planning and organizational skills is preferred
- Can work under pressure and strict deadlines in a fast moving environment
We offer competitive remuneration package and generous fringe benefits to the successful candidate. Interested parties please apply by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Your application will be handled with utmost confidentiality. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and for the purpose of recruitment only.
The Body Shop® is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidate.
About The Body Shop
The Body Shop, the natural and ethical beauty brand, is uncompromising in its adherence to its Values. We strive for the perfect marriage of creative, innovative and effective products with strong integration of our Values. This continues to differentiate our Brand for 300 million customers worldwide, transgressing cultural and national points of difference everywhere.
We have over 3,050 stores in over 66 countries and territories worldwide. Natural, sensorial and ethical: these are truly the Values that resonate with consumers in the 21st century and this is perfectly aligned with the Brand Values that have been in place at The Body Shop for more than 35 years.
We also have our own charity, The Body Shop Foundation. Launched in 1990 (registered charity no. 802757) we give financial support to pioneering, frontline organisations that otherwise have little hope of conventional funding. The Foundation's focus is to assist those working to achieve progress in the areas of human and civil rights, environmental and animal protection.
We are looking for a high caliber candidate with strong business acumens and market savvy to join us as: