Maxim Recruitment is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy with offices in Hong Kong, Dubai and in the UK. We are experts in the recruitment of Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Engineers, Planners, and Claims Consultants in the construction and property sector.
Visit http://www.maximrecruitment.com/hong-kong-asia/ to see all our latest job vacancies in Hong Kong and http://www.maximrecruitment.com/jobs/ to search our hundreds of other live vacancies around the world.
We have been specialists in construction recruitment since 2003 and have many vacancies with leading construction and property employers that are not advertised anywhere else.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916516
This is an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join a leading main contractor. You will be site based working on a newly awarded large scale civil engineering contract part of the new Hong Kong International Airport project. You will report to senior management on all commercial, contractual and legal issues under your area of responsibility.
Large scale high value (HK$billion) project part of the new Hong Kong International Airport project.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and supervise commercial staff within the JV team
- Oversee the project cash-flow
- Develop and manage project commercial strategy
- Procure and manage project supply chain in compliance with standard company policy
- Management of risk and opportunities
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team and other departments when required
- Supervise, approve and endorse claim submissions
- Provide claims related advice when required
- Attend Management meetings and report to Directors on commercial and contractual matters
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working as a Commercial Manager in Hong Kong
- Main Contractor experience is preferred
- Strong experience in claims related work
- Large scale project experience is an advantage
- Strong communication skills in English and Cantonese
- Good staff management and negotiation skills
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Additional legal qualifications are an advantage but not essential
- Professional chartered status such as MRICS or MHKIS is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining an established Hong Kong construction contractor with an established project portfolio in both Build and Civil Engineering projects. They can offer excellent long term career progression opportunities.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Attractive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Generous yearly bonus scheme
- Medical coverage