VMA Group is the Global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
Communications Specialist, APAC
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004834785
Employer Ref. MB18228
A multinational pharmaceutical corporation is now looking for a Communications Specialist to join their marketing team and support the Internal and External communication functions to a wide variety of target groups. Key responsibilities cater to Media relations, Social Media, and Internal Communications for the Asia Pacific Region.
- Collect and investigate content to promote Management / Brand key messages
- Produce editorial write-ups for employee news publications, articles, speeches
- Support efficient ways of internal news distribution in Asia Pacific
- Providing relevant AP/ME content supply to Headquarters communication platforms
- Implement tools e.g. Intranet/Sharepoint for a more effective and efficient internal communication among AP Marketing community
- Maintain/write editorials for an up-to-date corporate information kit, including corporate presentation, backgrounder, boilerplate, Q&A, management biography, media database, etc.
- Support/approve editorial write-ups for external communication as produced in Country organisations
- Support in setting procedures for crisis management and communications
- Support the various internal training programs on media spokesperson, crisis communication, and one-voice policy
- Manage current CMS provider, supporting content update of country websites, and support developing new functionality in alignment with corporate teams
- Implement policies towards usage of social media
To perform this role it is expected that the candidate will possess the following skills, competencies , experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or Marketing
- Minimum 5-7 years working experience in editorial work, public relations, corporate or marketing communication
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written), Chinese is a plus
- Working experience in an international and multicultural environment; have worked in a matrix-organization is an advantage
- Team player, flexible and self-disciplined with a positive can-do attitude
- Creative, analytical, with good presentation and communication skills
- Competent computer skills, e.g. familiar with Microsoft Office applications especially MS Word and MS Powerpoint.
- Willing to travel
- The candidate should be a people-oriented person with very good inter-personal skills, in order to be able to communicate with all levels of people, including top/senior management, peers in countries, headquarters, external agencies and consultants.
- The candidate should be able understand technical content and ideas and put them into easy-to-understand language for internal and external communication purpose.
- Hands-on and practical mentality.
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to quoting reference no. MB18228.