World Wide Fund For Nature Hong Kong
WWF is a global conservation organization, with a global network active in more than 100 countries. WWF’s mission is to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF-Hong Kong has been working since 1981 to deliver solutions for a living planet through Conservation, Footprint and Education programmes. For more information, please visit: wwf.org.hk
Saving the planet. That’s our daily job. And it could be yours too.
People from all corners of the globe are helping WWF build a future where humans live in harmony with nature. We need knowledgeable, talented people who are passionate about engaging and inspiring others. People who share our optimism that it’s possible to change the world for the better. People who are determined to make a difference.
Are you one of those people? Then we’d love you to join us as
Community Engagement Officer, Marine (Contract) (Job Code: JD-CEOM-C)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004917996
Employer Ref. JD-CEOM-C
The appointee is a member of the Conservation Department and focus on the marine litter project. He or she has to deliver conservation objectives in tackling Hong Kong’s marine litter problems through research, stakeholder engagement, public awareness and cross-border sharing activities, with the aim in bringing the efforts of local communities and different sectors together so as to reduce the amount of marine debris in the seas locally and regionally.
- Formulate strategies, lead on stakeholder engagement work and activities with local communities so as to foster greater understanding on marine litter problem
- Coordinate and promote various functions for the project such as meetings, trainings and seminars, etc in order to facilitate the smooth delivery of project
- Responsible for external communications and publicity such as media interview, press conference/ release and promotions
- Responsible for social media posting and maintenance
- Deal with correspondences and general enquiries relating to the project and any other general matters related to marine conservation
- Brand and merchandise project management
- Degree in Social Science, Ecology, Environmental Science, Marketing or related discipline
- 3 years solid work experience in community engagement or outreach
- Proven strong community network and be able to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Crisis management with experience in handling difficult crowds is preferred
- A team player with good organizing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive thinking with a ‘can do’ attitude, open minded, flexible and adaptive to changes
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Office, with knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Pagemaker, Flash, HTML or other graphic design and web softwares, will be a definite advantage
- Willing and able to work in the field, outdoors and perform outreach duties; may need to work outside normal office hours on any days, including Saturdays and Sundays, as and when necessary
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive compensation and benefits packages to the right candidate. The office location of this post is at our Kwai Hing office (near MTR station). Interested parties please visit our website (www.wwf.org.hk/whoweare/jobs/) for further information.
The contract will be ended on 30 September 2018.
Date for Application Review: 13 December 2016
Application would be considered until the post is filled.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment-related purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. It is our policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of six months.)