Siemens Industry Software Limited, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software. PLM is the platform for turning more ideas into successful products because only PLM can provide the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data necessary to support continuous innovation. The company has presence in several zones including Asia Pacific, EMEA, US and Germany, and Hong Kong is the headquarters of Asia Pacific.
Compensation Analyst (Business Operations Analyst)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004834828
About the Position:
This role will play a critical role in managing the global sales/technical compensation plans for the Asia Pacific Zone and will work closely with the Finance, Sales leadership teams and HR Compensation team to ensure clear understanding and communication of plan design, structure and composition with details to all participants as well as various constituencies (manage the change management process) and coordinate timely and accurate execution of all related plans for all affected staff within AP. The role is also tasked to provide/establish/develop ongoing/regular analytic reports of staff compensation related to revenue and cost that provides management team visibility and insight to trend, forecast, area of improvement, sales productivity (capacity planning) /financial impact potential/control.
What are my responsibilities?
• Overall coordinator for annual quota setting exercise for GSM&S AP
- Ensure all compensation plans affecting GSM&S AP staff are fully and thoroughly understood and explained to all constituencies (country managers, HR managers, finance managers and participants) prior to implementation.
- Ensure global plans are followed and executed, exceptions fully documented and approved ahead of time.
- Ensure relevant information and datapoints are provided to country managers to assist in decision making process for quota assignment as well as compensation adjustment.
- 1st reviewer of data from countries/teams for global plan alignment and justification.
- Ensure corporate timeline is met with accurate data/analysis.
• Be responsible for making sure compensation plans of all new joins, change of plan / role of individuals are completed accurately and timely.
• Work with countries to collect input, explain, liaise, clarify and then execute Global or AP programs related to compensation.
• Provide management with regular summaries and analysis of sales compensation result vs. performance which involves complex and sensitive data. Capacity planning.
• Act as internal staff consultant for compensation-related issues.
• Explore possible commission cost forecast methodology.
• Work closely with HR Compensation Analyst to monitor commission calculation is executed correctly and timely.
• Participate in special studies of problem areas requiring job analysis, job evaluation, job family/job descriptions or similar techniques.
• Any other tasks or ad hoc projects as assigned
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Must exhibit strong security and confidentiality practices.
- Strong business sense, sense of ownership and urgency.
- Must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly (flexible with hours and duties).
- Extremely detail oriented and driven to a high ethical standard.
• Communication Skills:
- Proficient in English and Chinese, both written and verbal, a third Asian language a plus.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and be capable of appropriate communication and interaction with all levels of employees and senior management etc.
• Job Skills:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Analytical and numeric, a strong attention to detail and ability to organize and handle data.
- Excellent attention to details with high level of accuracy and consistent follow-through skills.
- SAP Order and Invoice knowledge
- TrueComp and TrueInformation knowledge an advantage but not essential.
• Bachelors Degree or Equivalent with minimum 5 years sales operations, finance or sales compensation systems experience, preferably hold experience in software industry