AIA Hong Kong and Macau
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004836354
Employer Ref. 15769
**Staff Referral: In order to be eligible for extra referral bonus, please submit the referral application on/before 10/11/16 through internal career website.**
Support the Associate Director – Compliance and Risk to ensure that AIAHK & Macau operates in accordance with the AIA Group policies and guidelines and local regulatory requirements in the following SME areas and towards this end, driving and overseeing implementation of compliance framework in these areas:
- Sales to PRC Nationals / offshore customers
- Regulatory compliance, including Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”), Outsourcing and Data Privacy
- Compliance Risk Monitoring and Reporting
- Other assigned tasks
- Assurance – Compliance Reviews (35%)
Takes lead to perform risk based Compliance reviews in order to ensure sufficient control procedures are developed by Business Units to manage key compliance risks and comply with Compliance Policies and Guidelines. Key activities include:
- Carries out planning of assigned reviews, include development of risk-based review scope and detailed testing program.
- Applies the data extraction tool in selected Compliance reviews where appropriate.
- Identifies, assesses and reports control weaknesses and / or noncompliance with regulatory requirements; and recommend remedial actions to address the deficiencies. Monitors implementation of the remedial actions.
- Conducts the reviews in accordance with the AIA Group Compliance Guidelines on Compliance reviews and within the timelines as specified in the annual Compliance plan.
- Compliance Policies / Guidelines Implementation and Monitoring (30%).
Assists direct manager to design and implement Compliance policies and guidelines to business units and performs risk-based monitoring program in order to ensure existing and new regulatory requirements (relating to Sales to PRC Nationals / offshore customers, FATCA, Outsourcing, Data Privacy and other assigned areas) are complied with. Key responsibilities and activities include:
- Supports direct manager to implement Compliance policies and guidelines, including perform gap analysis and provide training to business unit.
- Designs and implements risk-based compliance monitoring programs to test adherence to the Compliance policies and guidelines.
- Incidents Management and Compliance Reporting (25%)
Assists in the investigation, analysis and reporting of compliance incidents in areas acting as the Subject Matter Expert (including Sales to PRC Nationals / offshore customers, FATCA and other areas assigned) to ensure regulatory breaches or significant compliance matters are properly dealt with. Key responsibilities and activities include:
- Investigates and analyze nature of incidents, including identification of root causes and remedial actions.
- Reports compliance incidents in accordance with the AIA Group Compliance reporting protocol and monitors implementation of remedial actions by responsible business processes owners.
- Identifies risks and updates assessment on compliance risks, controls and actions for areas acting as the SME in the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) system.
- Engagement with Business Units (10%)
Engages Business Units to provide advice and solutions to manage compliance and regulatory risks in areas acting as SMEs in order to support quality business growth. Key responsibilities and activities include:
- Provides compliance risk assessment regarding business initiatives for areas acting as SMEs and proposes business solutions.
- Raises awareness of the business units concerning the three-line of defense risk management model.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Law or Business with a minimum of 6 years solid working experience in the financial services industry focused on compliance, risk management, legal and/or internal controls
- Professional qualification in life insurance, Compliance, Internal Audit or related disciplines is preferred
- In-depth understanding of insurance business is preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and self-motivated.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Independent and be able to work under pressure
- Be organized, detail-oriented and with good problem solving skills
- High level of integrity and take ownership and accountability of results
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
About AIA Hong Kong and Macau
AIA International Limited
About AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau
AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau are subsidiaries of AIA Group Limited. AIA Group Limited established its operations in Hong Kong in 1931. We have more than 11,000 financial planners*, as well as an extensive network of brokerage and bancassurance partners who serve more than 1.8 million customers*. Our products range from individual life, group life, accident, medical and health, personal lines insurance to investment-linked products with numerous investment options. We are also dedicated to providing superb product solutions to meet the financial needs of high net worth customers.
* As of February 2016