Contract Library Support Assistant
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004992474
1) To sort and shelve library materials by categories and library call numbers or other shelving codes as defined by the library.
2) To perform check-in / check-out of library materials at service counter.
3) To process the returned library materials according to the messages generated from the NGILS (the library's computer system) and different situations as defined by the library.
4) To pick out worn items from returned library materials and bookshelves for re-labelling, repairing or re-jacketing.
5) To prepare new library materials for circulation such as stamping, jacketing and sticking of due date slips.
6) To assist users in using self-charging terminals or other self-services provided in the library.
7) To patrol and to maintain order and tidiness on library premises.
8) To assist in general work for holding extension activities including preparation of venue and audio visual aids, posting of notices and posters, distribution of leaflets, and crowd control during the activities.
9) To assist in delivering, setting up and dismantling of equipment and furniture.
10) To keep daily and montly statistics and to prepare simple reports on the statistics.
11) To answer simple enquiries and perform any other duties as assigned.
12) Also required to work on Sat/Sun and Public holidays.
1) Level 2 or above in both Chinese & English languages and Grade E or above in three other subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent; OR level 2 or above in both Chinese & English languages and three other subjects in HKDSEE, or equivalent
2) Good command of written Chinese and English; be able to speak Cantonese and English; Putonghua will be an advantage
3)Good knowledge in computer applications, including Chinese Word Processing (MS) and Excel
Interested parties, if you meet the above requirements, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more jobs, please visit our website: www.williams-asia.com (Personal data submitted are for recruitment purpose only.)
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Lindy Williams
About Lindy Williams
About Lindy Williams
Lindy Williams is a sister company of WilliamSELECT, Asia’s boutique staffing experts, and has accumulated 40 years of experience in the art and science of helping build effective teams.
By devoting individual attention to each client and delivering results with speed and accuracy, WilliamSELECT now has offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Shanghai, offering permanent recruitment, temporary and seasonal hires, and contract recruitment all across Asia. Markets covered include consumer retail, finance, industrial, and technology.