Executive Connections Limited
COO - Factory Management (Based in Bangladesh)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004834368
Employer Ref. F02049
Our client owns four woven garment factories in and near Dhaka, Bangladesh that employ approximately 12,000 employees. It is in the process of building a fifth facility, which will manufacture ladies blouses and tops and employ 2,500 workers. The factories are modern and comply with safety and social compliance requirements of their major European retail customers. It also has several famous American brand names as customers. It currently exports more than 2 million pieces per month from the four existing factories. The new facility is under construction and the company is now seeking to hire a COO to manage the new facility which is being constructed in an economic trade zone.
The Position - COO - Factory Management
Based in Dhaka and reporting to the Executive Director of Manufacturing Operations, the successful candidate will have P&L responsibility for the plant. The successful candidate will hire and oversee all the department managers responsible for production planning, engineering, lean manufacturing engineers, cutting, sewing, quality, washing, and sample rooms. He/She will work daily with the Design, Sales and Logistics Directors.
- Overseeing the factory’s operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Planning, developing, and implementing strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company.
- Identifying risks and ensuring appropriate strategies are in place.
- Employing lean manufacturing practices from the commencement of operations.
- Ensuring company policies and standards are being followed in regards to workers’ safety, cleanliness in the factories, and work habits.
- Reviewing activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revising objectives and plans in accordance with the current conditions.
- Building a corporate culture dedicated to excellence and with a customer centric approach to the business.
- Planning for technology improvement for process up-gradation.
- Presenting company reports at annual meetings with the Board of Director.
- Acting as an important member of the company’s planning and policy-making committees.
- Establishing goals and objectives for senior managers, evaluating their performance and compliance with established policies and objectives of the company as well as their contributions in attaining objectives.
- Maintaining positive communications with other teams such as Design, Logistics, MIS and Finance.
- Ensuring that the factory achieves its monthly financial targets and budgeted performance levels (KPIs).
- Effectively managing the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to laws and regulations.
The successful candidate is currently holding a position of Factory Manager, General Manager, or Operations Manager in a well-managed garment manufacturing factory group that works with large retail customers from Europe or the United States. He/She has at least 5 years of experience in a senior role being responsible for manufacturing operations.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Possesses a track record in improving plant efficiency, having skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures and ideally has knowledge of LEAN and Kaizen.
- Ability to analyze and interpret production and quality data.
- Has hands-on experience in establishing the financial planning and is able to establish the operating budgets for each department efficiently and control them.
- Possesses exceptionally strong leadership skills and a vision for innovation.
- A strong manager capable of making decisions and motivating senior managers as well as building teams of talented managers.
- Can prioritize goals and objectives so as to achieve the maximum profit and return on capital of the business operations.
- Manages by setting objectives and measuring performance against those objectives.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of staff and owners, being able to work effectively with a wide range of customers from diverse nations.
- Possesses a degree in textiles or garment manufacturing and preferably also holds an MBA.
- Able to speak and write English clearly.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the suitable candidate. Accommodation is provided within secured diplomatic areas; Car with driver will be provided.