Core Business Services – Talent – Cross Border Travel Support – Case Manager
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004784110
Employer Ref. HON0023V
HR Services is a global team established within EY Business Enablement Shared Services that is organized under common leadership and a new operating model. Join our HR Services team and you will be responsible for HR processes, transactions and technology across our global organization. Our mission in HR Services is to deliver world class processes enabled by globally consistent technology.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The Case Manager is a role based in Hong Kong under the Cross Border Travel Support (CBTS) operating model of EY Global Services. The Case Manager will report to the CBTS Asia Pacific lead Case Manager. The implementation of the CBTS Operating Model is in response to an increased need for the business to be supported and navigated through CBTS complexity, as well as a need for formalized CBTS support to provide controls and compliance measures. The infrastructure will support the seamless execution of tax and immigration services, supporting all cross border moves for CBTS. Expected benefits will include more effective and efficient deployments and a reduction in immigration and margin risk.
The Case Manager will act as a consultant to work closely with EY business travelers and engagement teams responsible for managing cross border resources in planning that tax and immigration implications are identified and properly managed.
The Case Manager will also need to leverage a network of tax and immigration experienced to respond to the EY engagement team's needs and will work collaboratively with the specialists and liaise among the specialists, CBTS Finance team and the EY engagement teams. Having completed the analysis, the Case Manager will provide a comprehensive briefing to the EY engagement teams with clear tax and immigration advice and support. The Case Manager will also provide engagement briefing and coordinate information needed for the cost estimates with the CBTS Finance team as they need to ensure all related cross border expenses are properly planned for by the engagement teams.
The Case Manager will provide support to the engagement teams within Asia Pacific. Cases will be allocated based on the ownership of the engagement work, to support an effective relationship as a trusted advisor. Whilst the Case Manager might not have in-depth knowledge of the immigration requirements, he/she will use his/her knowledge and experience to facilitate a consultative approach and gather the appropriate facts and circumstances. Based on the case details obtained, the Case Manager will identify and collaborate with the appropriate experienced team. The Case Manager will be supported by the CBTS Asia Pacific Lead Case Manager, in more complex cases.
· Act as the key point of contact for clients planning cross border engagements
- Review and assess case information to determine the necessary actions and requirements
- Coordinate, schedule and document all cross border activities, with support from the CBTS Contact Center
- Centralize resources for keeping client and stakeholders regularly informed
- Reach out to colleagues across the organization (e.g. CBTS finance managers and immigration team) for input and advice as required
- Compile and issue case briefings to clients to address their immigration requirements; obtain tax requirements from CBTS finance team to perform the required actions
- Develop extensive cross border knowledge and project management skills
- Review the clients’ long term travel situations or engagements to identify multiple trip implications
- Use immigration and tax knowledge to identify cross border travel requirements with specific attention to immigration impact
- Maintain and leverage a knowledge repository to continuously improve client support and services
- Perform duties and responsibilities with limited supervision in accordance with policies and procedures
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, with 10 years of relevant management work experience
- At least five years of experience in senior mobility, immigration and tax experience, preferably at a large/complex/global organization
- Knowledge of immigration issues derived from having worked in a Mobility, Immigration or Expatriate Tax role.
- Proven ability to convey complex information in a way that can be easily comprehended by senior-level internal clients (e.g. risks, costs, engagement economics)
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with internal clients across all levels of the organization, all areas of business and supporting functions; experience in managing senior stakeholders preferred
- Ability to work in challenging and pressurized environment; flexible to attend multi-zone meetings outside of local business hours
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to work against tight deadlines
- Ability to formulate and execute process improvements
- Proficient with firm standard technology including Windows, Excel, Word, Intranet and Case Management tools
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on professionalism, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal English skills, Cantonese and/or Mandarin language skills desirable
See Job Description