AEON Stores (Hong Kong) Co., Limited is a subsidiary of one of the largest retailers - AEON Co., Ltd. in Japan. The Company established in November 1987 and listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in February 1994.
AEON Stores currently operates 9 General Merchandise Stores (GMS) and 4 Independent Supermarkets. The Company also operates independent Living PLAZA by AEON, Bento Express by AEON (Japanese take-away restaurant) and La Boheme Bakery in densely populated districts in Hong Kong. In Guangdong area of China, the Company operates GMS, Independent Supermarkets and Shopping Centers. To cope with our future development in retail operations, we invite high caliber to join us.
Corporate Control & Compliance Assistant Manager (Ref.: JDB/Internal Control)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004784346
- Establish risk assessment and risk control assessment plans and perform control reviews and testings for the AEON Hong Kong Group (the Group)
- Review business activities to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of the Group’s internal controls and the compliance with the Group’s policies and regulations
- Recommend improvements to optimize controls and compliance with the Group’s policies and regulations
- Liaise with the Group’s business process owners and subsidiaries’ Internal Control teams and support them to develop policies and procedures and implement/ improve the internal controls over store and head office functions and operations
- Implement Japan Sarbanes-Oxley (J-SOX) compliance projects
- Develop and produce presentations and reports and periodically report the status/results of performed reviews to the management
- Collaborate effectively across multiple departments and business units to maximize organizational awareness, adherence, understanding, and support for process and testing requirements
- University degree or above in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Finance or related disciplines
- Professional qualification in internal auditing, quality standard auditing, or accountancy such as CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.
- Over 5 years’ experience in internal control, internal audit or risk management (at least 3 years in second tier or above audit firms), preferably in MNCs; HK and PRC retail experience is an added advantage
- Sound knowledge and experience in internal control system review and J-SOX/US-SOX compliance; knowledge in ERP/SAP systems is a plus
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Putonghua)
- Solid skills in computer applications and MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Access)
- Strong business sense, problem solving skills, excellent communication, interpersonal skills and strong leadership to manage the department
- Committed, flexible, independent, self-motivated, organized and mature
- Occasional travel to southern China required
- Immediate available is highly preferred
We offer attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience to the successful applicant. Interested parties please send full resume with current and expected salaries to The Human Resources Manager, AEON Stores (Hong Kong) Co., Limited, 7/F, D2 Place One, 9 Cheung Yee Street, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon.
“All application received will be kept strictly confidential and used exclusively for employment purpose only”