Hong Kong Express Airways Limited
Want to make history?
This is your chance to create history and be a part of the team to build Hong Kong's own, true low-cost carrier. We are seeking team players who are looking for a unique challenge. HK Express is built on a culture of respect, opportunity, innovation and travel. We are looking for talented, high performance, energetic people who have flair, creativity and a love of life! A passion for travel will also go a long way! If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
What we stand for:
- Contribute to building a new business
- Career progression opportunities
- Equal opportunity
- Huge personal development
- Attractive remuneration package
- Free and discounted air travel
- Staff activities and events
- Medical insurance
- Numerous other benefits
HK Express is composed of a team of professional and highly energetic people from around the globe. We aspire to be the leading LCC in Hong Kong and Asia-Pacific. Come and join us!
Country Manager, China
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005146371
Employer Ref. 494671-768
Role and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the airline’s overall commercial success in China (except PRD);
- Establishing the airline’s short and medium-term country sales, marketing and channel strategies;
- Remoting reporting to General Manager, Asia Pacific in Hong Kong, the candidate is responsible for leading the local sales and marketing teams to run the commercial operations for the airline in China;
- Formulate and implement the country’s winning sales and marketing strategy to achieve the revenue target of the country;
- Develop the country’s strategies in driving sales and traffic towards the airline’s website and build the airline’s B2C direct channel as the key channel of distribution. The candidate will act as a key driver to drive our channel shift and develop our key direct distribution channel;
- Manage and maintain strategic relationships with our travel agents, trade organizations and various government bodies;
- Lead to develop new segments of businesses including SMEs, MICE and specialty segments in China.
- Identify and manage marketing relationships with local commercial partners for joint promotional opportunities;
- Ensure the company’s business in China is conducted in an ethical and legal manner.
- Oversight of regulatory affairs whenever required.
- Holder of Bachelor degree in business/aviation/tourism related discipline;
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the airline field, with at least 5 years of management experience. Candidate with less experiences but a superb attitude and potential will also be considered;
- Significant knowledge of the Chinese aviation and LCC market, especially in commercial areas;
- Knowledge and experiences in successfully developing and managing B2C / Ecommerce / Digital & Direct Sales in airlines or tourism industries;
- A good network of travel agents and trade in China;
- Willing to travel extensively around the country and overseas for business purposes;
- Right to work and abode in China.
- The candidate MUST be an open minded person with positive attitude and energy in challenging the status quo and developing new generations of products and channels, and to lead and drive the market towards a new direction;
- Seasoned business leader with proven track records of developing new area of businesses;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, spoken and written, in English and Chinese (Mandarin). The candidate must be skillful communicator with excellent business and government network;
- Self-motivated and energetic team leader and team player with solid commercial knowledge and an excellent business and commercial sense;
- Strong planning and implementation skills, and the ability to multi-tasking but not losing sight of delivering a high quality of work;
- Results-oriented leader with the ability to work under stress and tight timelines;
- Good international exposure and the ability to work with different cultures is a must. Previous overseas working experiences will be an advantage.