The Triumph Group is one of the world’s largest intimate apparel companies. It enjoys a presence in over 120 countries with the core brands Triumph® and sloggi®. Globally, the company serves 40,000 wholesale customers and sells its products in 2,000 Triumph Stores as well as via several own online shops. The Triumph Group employs more than 30,000 people and achieves revenues of Euro 1.437 billion (2014). It is a member of both the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) and the Global Social Compliance Programme (GSCP).
Triumph International has brought about this success from humble beginnings: Exactly 125 years ago, a classic corset factory with just six sewing machines and six employees was set up in a barn in the Württemberg region of southern Germany. The founding fathers of the trademark Triumph, Mr Spiesshofer and Mr Braun, registered in 1902 and extended to the company name of Triumph International in 1953, recognized early on that just like outerwear, underwear is the reflection of an attitude towards life. The constant development of new materials and manufacturing processes soon made soft, comfortable lingerie in fashionable forms, colours and cuts possible. True to its philosophy, "Triumph - Dedicated to Women’s Lives”, which still holds true today,Triumph quickly became a pioneer in the transformation of the shaping corset into luxurious and seductive lingerie.
The company takes its environmental and ethical responsibilities as seriously as the brands’ fashionable designs and exacting quality requirements. Triumph products are manufactured in high-tech production plants using environmentally friendly and energy-saving production methods and the most modern and environmentally certified materials. Ethical guidelines to the highest international standards indicate the company's sense of responsibility beyond the product itself and ensure an important contribution to the creation of socially desirable, long-term jobs as well as to sustainable economic development, particularly in disadvantaged regions.
This global corporation is one of the few companies in the apparel industry that still remains family owned. The headquarters of the group’s holding company is in Bad Zurzach, Switzerland. Other important business centres are located in Heubach and Munich (both in Germany) and in Hong Kong.
We are searching for highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team:
Creative Designer - Tokyo Based (Japanese Speaking)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004918201
The Triumph Group is one of the world’s largest intimate apparel companies. It enjoys a presence in over 120 countries with the core brands Triumph® and sloggi®. Globally, the company serves 40,000 wholesale customers and sells its products in 2,000 Triumph Stores as well as via several own online shops. The Triumph Group employs more than 30,000 people and achieves revenues of Euro 1.437 billion (2014). It is a member of both the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) and the Global Social Compliance Programme (GSCP)
Purpose of the job
- The Creative Designer researches, colour, fabric, silhouette/fit and detail trends to create individual design concepts as part of coordinated Collection of Product Designs, Ensuring that the product lives up to the style and quality expectation of the end consumer and is commercially accepted at the point of sale.
- The purpose of the role is to deliver an ongoing collection of product designs, in line with the Global Creative vision, Seasonal trends and our Design DNA principles
Duties and Responsibilities
- To research latest trends in color, fabric, pattern, silhouette/fit and details and keep up to date with best sellers in order to deliver relevant product designs as part of a seasonal collection in line with the Triumph Global Design DNA and Process across Japan and to provide information that can be used to continuously identify opportunities and sources of growth , and deliver against the Corporate and Business Unit KPI’s and Targets
- Continuously drive the AMO’S STYLE Creative Design positioning and values across the business and within the organization which stems from delivering top class trend research and product designs as part of collections that follow the strategic and seasonal trend and direction platform.
- Ensure understanding of the Creative Design strategy and guiding principles of the Triumph
- Business Unit are followed into the product designs in order to deliver one cohesive Creative Design proposition across color, fabric, trim and style.
- Maintain personal skills, in line with the benchmark for the AMO’S STYLE Creative Design Organization across our Core Competencies of Trend, Color, Design, Fit Understanding principles which engages the broader organization.
- Partner and collaborate with the Product Development providing them with clear product spec design packs to ensure that we are consistently delivering against the Service Leader Corporate proposition via efficient processes, reduced time to market and engaging and inspiring product offers across all channels for our consumers.
- Deliver clear creative and commercial product designs by intelligently combining new trend information and an understanding the competitors through regular market visits to support incremental growth opportunities via consumer and distribution segments and consistently set the benchmark for Japan markets in terms of innovation.
- Utilize exceptional understanding of the female clothing and Creative Design business units to provide insights and deliver competitive advantages and economies of scale for Creative Design AMO’S STYLE.
- Jointly establish and foster a collaborative, inspiring and energetic team working style amongst colleagues that promotes initiative and entrepreneurial thinking in line with the corporate shared values of honesty and trust.
- 2/3 years+ experience in the Intimate/Apparel/Fashion Industry
- Trend Researching experience
- Design Tech packing experience
- PLM System knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design/Intimate Apparel/Textile
- Fashion market knowledge necessary
- Fluent in speaking Japanese and English
- Willing to relocate to Tokyo. Work permits will be provided.
- CAD Design skills : Photoshop/Illustrator for product/print and pattern