Customer Operations Executive (12-month contract)
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004837436
Key purpose of the job:
In line with Speedo’s vision to be the world’s best swim brand, provide excellent order book management for the China market to deliver sales performance and exceed regional targets. Provide world-class end-to-end customer service to Speedo’s China franchisees, working cross functionally with internal and external parties.
Order Book Management
- Work pro-actively to drive and manage the order books for each account. From initial order placement, confirmation of orders, managing impact of rescheduled orders, offering stock alternatives, liaising with shipping, producing export documentation through to reporting
- Perform timely order processing & work cross-functionally with internal & external parties including, but not limited to, UK Customer Operations team, China Business Development team, Merchandising team, and China franchisees
- Work consistently with regard to standard functional operating practices and to agreed timelines (cancellations and credits, order book cut-offs etc.)
- Exhibit best practice in terms of service level agreements, commercial response, key performance indicators and after-sale support to build long-term relationships with the franchisees and increased customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Handle franchisee inquiries and complaints via e-mail & phone calls
- Help to resolve payment issues including credits, debits or L/C
- Identify potential supply chain issues and resolutions with effective communication to the franchisees
- Manage and maintain a database of franchisee’s information and unique requirements e.g. labeling, packaging and export documentation, freight forwarder information, payment terms etc.
- Support the Business development Team to ensure that franchisees fully understand and execute Speedo’s strategic business plan
Areas of Accountability
- Ensure regular reviews of overdue and current order book for each of the regional franchisees takes place on a monthly basis to keep overdue and roll-over to a minimum
- Ensure that all franchisees receive the right level and content of communication on time regarding their seasonal order books
- Support and demonstrate the Brand values within your work environment
- Manage customer expectations, articulation of product relevant information, processes, practices and limitations
- Ad-hoc report/ projects
Knowledge and Skills
- Market and Commercial awareness within China
- Understanding of and ability to work cross functionally with Supply Chain Operations for both Ex UK and Direct delivery processes.
- Awareness and understanding of the principles of Credit Management procedures
- Understanding of export procedures and customs requirements for the Business and China, working cross functionally with the Pentland shipping teams in UK and Hong Kong
- Highly pro-active
- Team player, capable of thinking and working cross functionally with good time management skills
- 1-year contract, to be reviewed for extension at contract end
- University graduate preferred
- 3 years or above experience working in customer service in an MNC with China as a market
- Shipping knowledge on incoterms and I/E documents is an advantage
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Organised and able to prioritise own workload
- Able to work and think cross-functionally
- Strong SAP or other ERP skills and other office programs for daily operations
- Fluent in English & Mandarin mandatory
What We Offer:
- Respect of personal life - work-life balance is encouraged with flexible working hours
- Camaraderie - friendly & helpful colleagues, and we celebrate social events here!
- Bright and vibrant office with spacious workstation
- Five-day work week
- Medical and dental benefits and insurance
Competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
Interested parties please click "Apply" for the role, submitting your application with a Microsoft Word version of your resume.
Please search "Pentland Asia" on JobsDB for more vacancies of Pentland Asia.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly with confidentiality and in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. Information we collect about you will not be disclosed by us to any other party in a form that would identify you. You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us. If you wish to do so, please contact our Human Resources representatives.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Pentland Asia
About Pentland Asia
Our Purpose: Building a family of brands for the world to love generation after generation.
We are a global business
Pentland Asia is the Asia-based subsidiary of Pentland Group managing our brands in terms of business development and sourcing. Our head office is in Hong Kong, with offices in China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, India, and Japan.
Pentland Group is a privately owned third-generation family business, and the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and fashion brands. We own Berghaus, Canterbury, Speedo, Boxfresh, Brasher, Ellesse, KangaROOS, Mitre, Prostar and Red or Dead. We are also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures and Ted Baker footwear, the UK licensee for Kickers, and are shareholders in Butterfly Twists and Hunter Boot. With sales coverage across 200 countries, our brands are loved by people over the world.
The Group is also the majority owner of JD Sports Fashion plc, which operates over 800 sports, fashion and outdoor stores across Europe.
We are family
We are a global and diverse family, having more than 19,000 employees worldwide. Our state-of-the-art global headquarters is based in North London (UK), and in the UK alone, we have people of 17 different nationalities, speaking 23 languages. Our global teams are united in a mutual respect and a desire to move the business forever forward.
A great place to work
In 2014, the Great Place to Work� Institute named us one of the top 10 Best Workplaces in the UK and one of the top 20 Best Workplaces in Europe. We were placed higher than any other retailer, brand owner or marketing company and were the only sports, outdoor or fashion brand-owner to make the 2014 UK list. In our global employee survey, over 80% of our employees said Pentland is a great place to work.
Brand Management, Fashion, Apparel, Footwear, Business Development, Licensing, Retail, Supply Chain, IT, Finance, HR, Creative, Marketing, Communications, Outdoor
We have won a number of prestigious international awards in recognition of excellence, best practice, innovation and outstanding business achievements, so whether you’re a customer, partner or a potential employee, you can be sure that you’re in safe hands:
- The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the International Trade category for year 2013
- Top 10 Best Workplaces in the UK
- Top 20 Best Workplaces in Europe
- Top European Family Business of the Year 2014
- Ted Baker was awarded 'Best UK Men's Footwear Brand of the Year' in 2014
- Kickers was awarded 'Best Young Fashion Brand of the Year' in 2014
- 'Overall Winners' of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards 2014
- 'Best Employee Engagement Initiative' of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards 2014
Company Website -
LinkedIn (ID: "Pentland Brands") -
- JobsDB.com and search "Pentland Asia" for our vacancies in Hong Kong.
- 51job.com and search "攀岭" for our vacancies in Mainland China.