Our client, a well-known airline, is looking for a number of entry-level Data Center Operators to assist in their Data Center relocation project. The positions will be open to candidates with relatively little work or IT experience.
(HR Channel is a recruitment agent that is devoted to matching IT talents to careers that best satisfy their aspirations. Consultants in H.R. Channel have extensive work experience in both production IT operations and IT vendors, thus enabling us to thoroughly understand the needs of both our clients and candidates, and to provide true value-added services.)
Data Center Operator
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004921784
The DC Operator is required to work in rotating 12-hour work shift (including overnight shift) in order to provide the required 7 x 24 service. The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide remote-hand support on equipment;
- Control access to the Data Center and escort vendors that are authorized to work there;
- Inspect and check equipment periodically;
- Mount and dismount equipment, carry out basic cabling work, and plan capacity at rack level;
- Help maintain inventory of assets in Data Center;
- Carry out project tasks related to data center relocation from time to time;
- Manage backup media;
- Manage incidents, respond to assigned work promptly;
- Assist in generating report.
- High diploma or above;
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure;
- Can communicate in English and Chinese;
- Work experiences in Data Center operations is an advantage.