Data Centre Specialist
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004998992
Employer Ref. IIO-F-10055033-S(DCO)-D
Our Operation Services Section of IT Infrastructure and Operation Services Department provides efficient IT services in system and network operations, IT equipment maintenance and service support. The Data Centre Operation manages all computer equipment installed in the two Data Centres to provide data centre base support to business users including wagering systems, enterprise systems, development systems, and testing systems. Achieve cost-effectiveness, efficiency and high system availability by pro-active monitoring, continuous improvements and strong operational disciplines.
- maintain high system availability for business services that strictly adhered to operation procedures, monitor system and network performance, and ensure all application systems and infrastructures function properly
- carry out incident management activities to uphold maximum system uptime to support business operations
- perform end of day file maintenance and data backup for all systems
- install or upgrade system software
- plan and implement system and network changes
- prepare operation procedural manual
- have to work on a 24/7 shift roster covering Sundays and public holidays
You should have
- a university degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3 years experience in system/network operations or support field on Cisco equipment; Windows, Linux and VMS operating systems
- hands-on experience in system/network implementation, server virtualization
- solid understanding of web monitoring and administration technologies with skills in areas of performance optimization, load balancing and security
- knowledge in system, network and database administrations; acquaintance with Club business operations will be an advantage
- a sound knowledge of project management and relevant experience will be an advantage
- good organisational and problem solving abilities as well as good communication and interpersonal skills
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to The Hong Kong Jockey Club
About The Hong Kong Jockey Club
A world-class horse racing operator and one of the world’s largest charity contributors, donating a record HK$3.9 billion in 2015/16. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's largest by far, generating HK$20.9 billion in 2015/16 for public funds. A pioneer in technology, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A membership club, recognised as one of Asia’s most prestigious. Above all an organisation dedicated to the overall betterment of Hong Kong. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you a rewarding career with unparalleled prospects for growth and development.