Mergermarket’s research division is looking to hire a full time analyst with strong language skills to be based in Hong Kong.
Mergermarket is a global provider of in-depth analysis and forward-looking information on corporate strategy and M&A activity for investment banks, private equity firms, advisors and corporate clients.
The position offers unique opportunities to get full exposure to M&A markets and to familiarize on Equity Capital Market activities in overall Asia. The role will primarily involve researching, evaluating and pricing mergers and acquisitions as well as producing in-depth sector and country reports.
Data Research Analyst/Senior Research Analyst – Japanese speaking – Hong Kong
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004996115
Employer Ref. MMResAnalyst29
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Performing desktop research on real-time M&A transactions
- Interpreting financial data and other financial information in relation to M&A transactions
- Contributing to and producing reports and data for publications based on this research using specialised knowledge of the M&A arena and the financial markets;
- Quality checking the historical database to ensure it reflects and provides a consistent high standard of data and analysis
- Analyzing specific transactions to determine whether or not they meet the database inclusion criteria
- Cleaning and updating the database to ensure that deal records, company records and individual profiles are accurate and comprehensive
- Tracking and updating a specific universe of private equity firms in terms of their activity.
Following qualifications are expected for an ideal candidate:
- Fluency, including knowledge of business terminology, in English and Japanese a plus;
- A Business, Finance, Economics degree or equivalent preferred but not essential;
- Detail-oriented, diligent and with a genuine interest in M&A/Corporate Finance
- Understanding of financial statements;
- Good computer skills (especially Excel);
- Highly numerate;
- Knowledge of research methodologies;
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter quoting reference “MMResAnalyst29” to the contact below. Your covering letter should outline your interest in the role and why you feel you are suited to it.
Candidate with more knowledge about M&A and transaction database will be considered as a senior role.
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximize the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.