Eclipse Trading is a world-class proprietary trading firm specializing in options market making, arbitrage, delta one, and other algorithmic trading strategies. We process hundreds of millions of data points per day, and the size and variety of data always grows. Given this data growth, we are undergoing a complete review and upgrade of our data analysis systems, and are looking for interns to take this exciting adventure with us.
We currently have 3-6 months Data Science Intern opportunities in our Quant Team available at any time in our Hong Kong headquarters.
You should be recently graduated from or in the final year of your Bachelors or Masters, and excel in quantitative, statistical, and software development work.
Data Science Intern
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916872
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help drive our constant push to automate our data analysis pipeline
- Help integrate our real-time data with our historical analyses
- Improve the performance and scalability of our system, by either improving existing libraries or introducing new tech
- Design visualizations to more easily understand large complicated time series data sets
- Develop reports and dashboards from multiple data sources related to our algo strategies
What you offer
You are great at what you do, driven and hungry for a challenging opportunity. You refuse to settle for second best and you are looking for the opportunity that will sharpen not only your theoretical knowledge, but also your practical skills in a real-time, exciting environment. You don't see time pass when you are analyzing data, and you know how to grow your code from cool prototypes to reliable tools others can depend on. If this sounds like you, we want to meet you.
- Strong quantitative or engineering background
- Excellent programming experience, preferably with the data analysis tools in Python or R
- Experience with IT workflows, including source control and continuous builds
- Github repos, websites, or other open source contributions demonstrating your talent is a plus
- Data visualization and machine learning is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently, yet seek guidance when necessary
- Fluent English is essential
What we offer
As an intern, you will be mentored throughout the internship period. We also offer:
- A young, dynamic, informal work environment, but still results driven
- A work-life balance in a multi-cultural environment with reasonable work hours
- A fast growing company, encouraging the exploration of new technologies and ideas
- A flat management structure, where everyone gets to voice his/her opinion
- A hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry
If you want to get a first-hand experience in a Quantitative Analysis environment, learning from industry experts, allowing you to be highly visible, then joining our Internship Program will be a positive and significant step in your career.
How to Apply
Please send us your resume (in PDF or MS Word format) and your cover letter, including your availability and high school final scores.
Submit your application via the below link:
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
For further information, please visit our website: http://www.eclipseoptions.com
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.