Teradata Professional Services Role Description
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Understand the client’s business goals, information needs, application requirements, IT plans, and architectures and application designs.
- Capture ETL requirements, design and develop architecture for integration of the Data Architecture components into the client’s enterprise.
- Design, develop, and test processes for validating and conditioning data prior to loading it into a Teradata Warehouse or Hadoop platform.
- Design and develop the architecture, roadmap that will align with the customer business and IT objectives.
- Design, develop, and test processes for extracting data from legacy systems, production databases, Teradata and Hadoop platforms.
- Review and analyze systems and program. Draft and help implement recommended improvements to process and procedures for handling customer data and product data.
- Support sales motions, demonstrations, and scoping of solution offers.
- 3-4 years experience in data warehouse with strong subject matter expertise in data management, ETL development and governance practices
- Experience with profiling, validating, conditioning, transforming, and cleansing of data and in depth knowledge of ETL tools and the SQL languageUnderstands the components of data modeling, Logical – Physical – Dimensional – Semantic, and how they are implemented with LDMs, Tables, Join Indexes, and Views.
- Experience in Unix Shell Script, Perl, Python and JAVAwould be an advantage.
- Experience with MDM solutions
- Experience with banking, mobile industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Strong consulting skills supported by good communication practices, the ability to facilitate consensus building, and the ability to support the customer in trade-off analysis.
All Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Teradata (Hong Kong) Limited
About Teradata (Hong Kong) Limited
Teradata (Hong Kong) Limited
Teradata offers powerful, enterprise analytic technologies and services. Companies use Teradata Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) solutions to establish and maintain a trusted single, integrated view of their businesses so they can make better, faster decisions that drive growth, innovation, efficiency and effectiveness. For seven consecutive years, Teradata has been recognised by Gartner group as the clear leader in this strategic and high growth sector.
Companies successfully leverage this integrated view to:
- identify opportunities to streamline or modify existing business processes,
- focus, manage and optimise teams and resources,
- support, enable and facilitate business process and method innovations,
- identify, analyse, target and manage fraudulent, non compliant or undesirable behaviour,
- change their operational stance from “reactive” to predictive, proactive and responsive,
- decrease operational costs while increasing operational efficiency,
- enhance client experiences and relationships.
The case supporting Teradata’s philosophy of centrally integrated Information Management is sound and well proven. Teradata has successfully implemented a clear majority of Greater China Area's and the world’s largest and most successful centralised EDW implementations.
With its undisputed market and installed base leadership in large complex centralised EDW’s, its expertise and best-in-class technology, Teradata helps its clients see their businesses like never before. To learn more, go to Teradata.com