PCCW Solutions is the IT and business process outsourcing solutions flagship of PCCW Limited, which also holds interests in telecommunications, media, property development and investment, and other businesses.
Responsible for a growing number of large-scale IT projects in the public and private sectors, PCCW Solutions holds a wealth of experience and expertise and is viewed as a major industry player in Greater China. To learn more about PCCW Solutions, please visit www.pccwsolutions.com.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004993329
Employer Ref. C299015292881223JN
- Responsible for providing technical support for Oracle / MSSQL / DB2 / MySQL databases
- Work on database design, installation, configuration, performance tuning and on-going maintenance
- Perform night emergency call support when necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related disciplines
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in Oracle / MSSQL / DB2 / MySQL database administration
- Holder of OCA / OCP / IBM DB2 certification is preferred
- Hands-on experience in database installation, backup & recovery and performance monitoring & tuning
- Knowledge of database HA / DR solutions (RAC / Dataguard / HADR) or system administration and backup tools administration (IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Symantec Netbackup, etc) is an advantage
- A good team player with analytical & problem-solving skills, self-motivation and good interpersonal skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Candidates with less experience will also be considered
We offer rewarding career with attractive remuneration package including 5-day week, retirement scheme, generous annual leave as well as comprehensive training to the right candidates.
If you have the desire for a challenging and rewarding career development, send us your resume in MS Word format, with your present and expected salary to Human Resources Department.
For more information on other job opportunities of PCCW Solutions, please visit our website at
PCCW is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer personal data policies.
(http://www.pccw.com/staticfiles/PCCWCorpsite/Terms%20of%20Use/Privacy%20Policy%20Statement/8.1_PCO_POL_02e_Privacy_Policy_Statement.pdf), a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.