MEDIA MARCOMMS ASIA is a dynamic and customer centric recruitment firm with head- quarters in Hong Kong. We specialise in Media & Marketing recruitment in Asia and take pride in our in-depth industry expertise. We promise quality, commitment and results.
Deputy Editor - Legal Publishing
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004917383
Our client is leading source of intelligent information for the legal industry in Asia. They combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
The Deputy Editor will combine editing and writing of both magazine and online stories with helping oversee the editorial process, running certain key products like the rankings and some guides and supplements, and also assisting in the development of new products. He/she will cover the North Asia (Hong Kong/Japan/Korea/Taiwan) legal market.
- Writing two features monthly
- Compiling certain regular monthly sections
- Coming up with new story and section ideas
- Editing stories written by our writers
- Occasionally writing important breaking news
- Overseeing the online writing and posting process
- C) Other products
- Handling three rankings during the course of the year with the assistance of our research team
- Taking charge of one or two supplements and/or guides
- Solid interviewing and writing skills, with experience in writing 1000-2000 word features
- Ability to quickly edit copy in English
- Some exposure to business writing
- Familiarity with the business of law is a plus, but not critical
- Bilingual candidates with Chinese skills will be given preference
- Able to work under deadline pressure with quick turnaround times for writing and editing
- 3-4 years of related experience in journalism in a fast-paced publishing environment
- Journalism degree or equivalent additional work experience
- Personable and able to build networks quickly
Interested applicants should APPLY NOW or contact +852 3488 2238 for a confidential discussion.