Hong Kong Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian network and dedicates itself to protect human life, care for the health of the vulnerable, and respect human dignity by mobilizing people to serve voluntarily for the cause of humanity. Its services include blood transfusion service, disaster relief and preparedness, first aid and health training, youth and volunteer programs, community care, tracing, special education and rehabilitation services. http://www.redcross.org.hk
The Hong Kong Red Cross invites applications for the post of:
Deputy Secretary General (Services)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004998234
Hong Kong Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian network and dedicates itself to protect human life, care for the health of the vulnerable, and respect human dignity by mobilizing people to serve voluntarily for the cause of humanity. Its services include blood transfusion service, disaster relief and preparedness, first aid and health training, youth and volunteer programs, community care, tracing, special education and rehabilitation services.
The incumbent is a key member of the Agency’s senior management team headed by the Secretary General, and also accountable to oversee the delivery and development of Hong Kong Red Cross services and cultivate changing and innovative thinking in the fulfillment of its humanitarian mission
- Support the Secretary General to formulate the Agency’s strategic directions and oversee the implementation;
- Lead and formulate policies of the Agency’s service development and oversee the performance of service departments to ensure service alignment with the agency’s direction as well as achievement of the expected outcomes;
- Set standards and policies in planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting to improve quality and accountability of services;
- Lead the Agency’s volunteer development into 2020;
- Lead and develop strategic partnerships with the Government, working partners, and overseas Red Cross counterparts worldwide, etc., to develop our services with quality;
- Lead collaboration across services to enable effective coordination and service integration;
- Partner with management committees to ensure the quality of governance in their respective departments;
- Support the Secretary General in promoting VMV (Vision, Mission and Values) of Hong Kong Red Cross and enhancing a positive corporate Agency image.
- Genuine commitment to human services
- A good university degree in human science or social service subjects-,
- Minimum 15 years post-graduation working experience, in which at least 8 years should be at senior supervisory level in social services. Experience in overseas operations a definite asset.
- Familiar with the operation environment of nonprofit organizations and the needs of vulnerable people.
- Mature personality, strategic-minded with service vision, strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven track records in leading service planning, change management, committee work and dealing with the media.
- Excellent command of both written and oral English, Chinese/Cantonese/ Putonghua a must
Please send application together with full curriculum vitae, must include expected salary to The Secretary General, Hong Kong Red Cross, 19 Hoi Ting Road, West Kowloon or through email by clicking "APPLY NOW" , on or before 28 January 2017.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with Agency’s data protection policy for recruitment purposes only. Applicants not contacted within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and all related information will be kept on our files up to a period of 6 months.