Orbis transforms lives through access to quality eye health.
Orbis envisions a world where no one is needlessly blind or visually impaired.
How We Work
Through training, research and advocacy, we work to strengthen local eye care institutions, train eye care professionals and advocate for supportive policies to increase awareness about the importance of quality eye health. In programs supported by Orbis in 2015, we've enhanced the skills of more than 30,326 eye care professionals, and conducted over 2.13 million screenings/examinations on adults and children around the world.
For more information about Orbis and our mission, please visit our website: www.orbis.org.
We are currently seeking passionate individuals to apply for the following position:
Development Coordinator (Ref.: HKDC-J1216)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004997721
Report to Development Managers, this incumbent will help Orbis raise funds and build awareness by providing support to telemarketing campaign, World Sight Day Campaign, and delivering school talks.
CONTRACT PERIOD: till December 31, 2017
- Make warm calls to encourage individual donors to support monthly donation program.
- Contact companies to invite their participation in World Sight Day Campaign.
- Build awareness of Orbis in schools by delivering educational talks and presentations.
- Follow up with schools to solicit participation in school campaigns.
- Follow up donation issues and update donor database.
- Work closely with internal and external parties to support fundraising issues.
- Post-secondary education or above, preferably with relevant experience
- Proactive and self-motivated, with positive working attitude
- Good telephone manner with confidence to interact with different walks of life
- Native Cantonese speaker with good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
If you are interested in applying for this position and joining the Orbis family, please:
- send your application by mail to Human Resources Department, Unit C, 5/F, Infotech Centre, 21 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong
Please include your resume and letter of interest, quoting job reference number (HKDC-J1216) and stating your availability, current and expected salary in your application.
All data collected will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.