Development Engineer - Working in Japan (No Japanese Skill Required)
LINE Fukuoka Corporation
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004916217
This position requires no Japanese language skills (if working in Fukuoka); there are many English speakers working with the company. Successful applicants without Japanese language skills may be asked to attend a Japanese training course for half of every working day for at least 3 months ~ 6 months after arriving in Fukuoka. This training is paid for by the employer, and is an excellent chance to pick up new language skills.
Choose your work location depending on your Japanese language skills!
- No Japanese skills: Assigned to Fukuoka office. However, those wishing to transfer to Tokyo office may do so after attaining basic conversational skills if desired.
- Japanese skills equivalent to JLPT Level 2 or above: Choose between Tokyo or Fukuoka office
Many of the world's best engineers work with the company, and approximately 30% of them hail from overseas. Experienced IT engineers who can put the user's perspective first and wish to make a positive impact on the tens of millions of daily users are encouraged to apply!
Successful candidates will be assigned as a server-side or app developer based on their previous work experience, as well as their career wishes. Regardless of their actual position, developers are able and encouraged to take part in all of the production process, from planning to implementation.
Specific duties will include :
- Development of smartphone applications for the company and clients
- Server development for the company's smartphone applications
- Researching of new technology, followed by test development and information sharing
- Implementation of strategies for service quality maintenance and performance improvement
- English language skills (business level or above)
- Professional knowledge of at least one programming language
- Understanding of computer science
- Fundamental knowledge of memory, processes, threads, and their relation to programming
- A fundamental understanding of network technology (e.g. TCP/UDP, HTTP, etc.), databases, and SQL
- Experience in developing native apps using Java/Objective-C
- Experience in Web application development using languages such as Java, PHP, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.
- A history of active participation in the Open Source community
- Experience with development/operation of systems with large quantities of data and traffic
Discretionary and flexible according to abilities and speed of task completion; if all tasks and projects are completed well and on time, you do not need to stay in the office for extended periods of time.
Minimum 5.5 million Japanese Yen per annual (higher compensation will be provided based on skills and experience and is negotiable). We also offer relocation allowance to the right candidate.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to LINE Fukuoka Corporation
About LINE Fukuoka Corporation
LINE Corporation/LINE Fukuoka are IT platform companies that offer LINE, Japan’s most popular messaging app that is also gaining global popularity. As the companies continue to grow, they are inviting talented developers from around the world to join their high-tech project offices based in Tokyo and Fukuoka, Japan. Located in the center of these vibrant cities, LINE’s state-of-the-art office facilities are designed to support a relaxed working style and a creative atmosphere. Engineers are free to work on their projects from anywhere while remotely connected to the office – making their entire development environment sandbox available anytime from anywhere!
【Work in LINE】