Director, Corporate Governance Asia
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004833844
Employer Ref. 1609698
- Manage daily company secretarial work of the Manulife group in Hong Kong and assist with those in Asia.
- Organize board and committee meetings and minute-taking.
- Prepare and update corporate governance documents.
- Ensure compliance with the statutory and regulatory matters of and for the Group, including compliance with Companies Ordinance, Insurance Companies Ordinance, Securities and Futures Ordinance and the Listing Rules and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Provide professional advice to various business units of the Group.
- Assist the Company Secretary on projects and other matters relating to corporate governance from time to time.
- Act as deputy to the Company Secretary.
- Qualified professional with ICSA/HKICS membership.
- At least ten years' relevant experience, some of which gained from financial institution and/or listed company at supervisory or managerial level.
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements of financial institution and/or listed company.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and also as a team player.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
About Manulife Financial
See Job Description