Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We’ve built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
Director, Funds Segment, Corporate & Institutional Banking
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916248
Employer Ref. 535093
We are looking for an Associate Director /Director in Financial Institutions to originate business from and manage an allocated portfolio. Responsible for delivery of personal targets and contributing to team objectives. The portfolio will be focused in Real Money Funds and Alternative Funds.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for formulating strategy and drive business origination on assigned portfolio
- Develop client relationship at top management level and to facilitate development of working relationships between relevant Product Partners and client’s business.
- Self-initiation to fully understand the client needs (through relevant research / client contact) in terms of Transactional Banking, Financial Markets to tailor-made products to meet needs, provide solutions and add value.
- Preparing ahead for client calls – clearly setting out objectives for the call and to maximize value / enhance relationship in the call.
- Work with GAMs, FAMs and Product Partners formulating and documenting account strategy through Account Plans. Maximize cross-sale opportunities deepening overall relationship.
- Actively reviewing/updating Deals in Pipeline focusing on priorities consistently with strategic intent and balancing revenue growth with risks.
- Actively review client MIS with Product Partners / Team Head to ensure tracking to agreed objectives.
- Responsible for credit risk and credit quality of the portfolio and be able to flag up early warning signals to the Credit function. Effectively communicating and work with client to restructure facilities to minimize Bank’s exposures.
- Proactively monitor AML and KYC risk by implementing the Bank’s anti-money-laundering procedures including rectification new clients and transaction monitoring.
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s Compliance policies and guidelines and have primary responsibility to be ‘Audit-ready’ at all times for the allocated portfolio.
- Deliver agreed portfolio revenue targets and objectives.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree holder in Business Studies or relevant area with working experience in banking and relevant exposure in brokers and dealers
- Seasoned credit skills and good understanding of Corporate & Institutional Banking products and services.
- An established track record in growing existing income.
- Solid customer relationship management experience.
- Strong sales management and planning skills.
- Excellent communication in both Chinese and English.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.