Director, Global Trade Compliance, APAC (JBDGTC170301)
Avnet Technology Hong Kong Limited
jobsDB ref: JHK100003005146239
Employer Ref. JBDGTC170301
- Manage a team of trade compliance professionals in Hong Kong and perform related personnel management activities.
- Support US, Hong Kong and other regional import/export license applications and management, reporting, and record retention.
- Engage business leaders and teams to operationalize compliance controls in furtherance of an appropriate compliance culture.
- Direct and oversee local implementation of SAP Global Trade Services and lead projects designed to enhance the efficiency of its application to Avnet’s business.
- Provide direction, deliver training, create processes and conduct monitoring on best practices related to End-User Statement verification and management, anti-diversion controls, red flags and other compliance controls.
- Ability to translate complex trade compliance regulations into concrete operational requirements and drive execution.
- Professionally interact with government officials as necessary and appropriate.
- Support GTC to maintain & update ECCN list & license determination table in SAP.
- Partner with colleagues in other functions to ensure correct usage of Hong Kong and other import and export licenses in support of daily operations.
- Support regional and global projects designed to continuously improve trade compliance activities.
- To handle tasks or other duties as assigned
- Degree in Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management, Trade Compliance, or a relevant field.
- 10 years of trade compliance experience in electronics manufacturing or distribution with significant experience in Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan.
- 8 years of experience in HK TID e-apps & paper application process and with GTS or a similar trade compliance system.
- 6 years of experience with U.S. Export Administration Regulations license and license exception management.
- Good computer literacy with proficient use of MS Office and SAP System.
- Good communication skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese).
- Candidates with less working experience may be considered for the post of Associate Director
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Avnet Technology Hong Kong Limited
About Avnet Technology Hong Kong Limited
Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology serving customers globally. For the fiscal year in 2015, Avnet generated a revenue of $27.9 billion.
Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), is the leading electronics component distributor in Asia. With its regional headquarters in Singapore, the company has offices in more than 47 locations in Asia. The company distributes semiconductors, interconnects, passive and electromechanical components to serve a wide range of customers including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), electronic manufacturing services (EMS) providers, and small to medium-sized businesses, and provides associated design-chain and supply-chain services. More information is available at http://www.em.avnetasia.com