A manufacturing company is currently seeking a high caliber to fill the following vacancy.
Director of Purchasing
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004915664
- Responsible for leading the Sourcing and Purchasing functions at the factory;
- Streamline the supply chain and drive for continuous cost savings of the total cost through comprehensive sourcing, commodity and supply chain strategies;
- Engage in supplier quality management;
- Work closely with material and project team to ensure MRP execution and to handle other supply chain issues to meet customer delivery requests;
- Drive and lead the purchasing team to comply to the company purchasing policies;
- Vendor Managed Inventory implementation;
- Lead the team in sourcing and assessing new qualified suppliers for performance enhancement in the global and local context
- Supplier performance management in the areas of quality, cost, delivery and technology
- Lead the team to achieve targets results in respect of project engineering, sourcing, supplier selection and certification, procurement and supplier performance management.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration/Engineering/Purchasing & Supply Chain Management;
- Over 12 years solid experience in the purchasing and procurement of high-tech electronics products in sizeable or multinational manufacturing companies, of which at least 5 years at senior managerial level a MUST;
- Good component and product knowledge with proven record in handling electronics OEM/ODM projects in areas of sourcing, supplier selection and certification, procurement and supplier performance management;
- Excellent Negotiation and communication skills with suppliers and internal departments;
- Hands-on, detailed and possess good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Result-oriented with strong leadership and able to work under pressure;
- Good command of spoken English, Cantonese and Putonghua;
- Frequent travel to Shenzhen is required.
We offered good remuneration package and good career prospect to the right candidate.