Looking for exciting opportunity to Design a Bright Future?
Join our dynamic team in Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is an integral player of Hong Kong’s innovation ecosystem and HKSAR Government’s strategic partner in promoting wider and strategic use of design. We serve as an advocate and platform integrator to foster good design and nurture and promote design talents and enterprising creativity. Our mission is also geared to cultivate design thinking for creative leadership and competitiveness, and an innovation culture for city advancement, economic value creation and societal well-being.
To promote the development of the fashion industry of Hong Kong, the HKSAR Government has set up an Advisory Group on Implementation of Fashion Initiatives. A Secretariat has been set up at HKDC to advance, co-ordinate and implement this new initiative. We are now looking for a creative, dynamic and personable project champion and team player to join us.
Director or Head of Secretariat Advisory Group Fashion
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004995429
To offer strategic advice and insight to Advisory Group Fashion (AGF) and HKDC on the macro design scene, creative industry-related development, and ways to enhance Hong Kong’s positioning as an international centre of fashion trade and business development in Asia;
- To lead a small secretariat and project team and serve as head of the Secretariat, AGF reporting to ED, with advice from Chairman of AGF and other appointed advisers or consultants;
- To work closely with AGF, HKDC management and relevant stakeholders to shape, plan and orchestrate development and organise resources for cost-effective, timely and experience-based delivery, with impact and compliance with management reporting and governance requirements;
- To direct projects from conceptual development, stakeholder engagement and relations, grant application to effective orchestration of resources and implementation covering programming, event production, marketing, audience engagement, partnership and overall project delivery;
- To foster a vibrant ecosystem through collaborative development, design promotion, marketing communication and active future learning;
- To build strong linkages with business, brands, fashion, textile and garment, innovation, technology and manufacturing industries;and foster productive team-based behaviour within and across teams;
- To promote Hong Kong’s fashion industry, designers and brands, and nurture fashion design start-ups and budding fashion designers;
- To undertake ad hoc tasks pertinent to the public mission as assigned by Executive Director
University graduate with 10+ years relevant experience, preferably be resourceful in creative, fashion or retail industry with knowledge of the industry value chain and good sensibility to trends, design and culture, and be content-driven;
- Be a keen learner, a team player, a good coach, and possess initiative, able leadership, integrity and excellent project management and people skills; and be hands-on, resilient and tactful with diverse stakeholders across public, non-profit and private sectors; and
- Be an effective communicator, facilitator, collaborator and project champion and be accountable to project delivery and meet statutory and internal reporting and compliance requirements.
Candidate with lesser experience may be considered as Assistant/Associate Director (Head, Advisory Group Fashion Secretariat, AGF)
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or by clicking "APPLY NOW". HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised.Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.