Director / SVP IBD - PE Fund / Direct Investment
Harbridge Partners Limited
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004918910
Employer Ref. hk/my/HK/dir
This Director / VP will serve in a corporate development capacity, working in collaboration with the other investment professionals. The VP is responsible for identifying and executing long-term strategic investment initiatives, which contribute to the firm's overall growth.
The VP will work with senior executives across the holding company to provide strategic analysis and execution of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures on a global scale. Candidates from Private Equity / Direct Investment background are encouraged to apply.
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the Assistant Team Head (SVP) role.
There are also Associate / Analyst roles for the team.
DIRECTOR / SVP -
PE Fund / Direct Investment
This incumbent will be part of the core team driving non-organic business development and strategic initiatives, including projects initiated at the Chairman level. This position is for an analytical, strategic thinker with an ability to demonstrate consistent thought leadership and a hands-on approach to project management. The VP will also work closely with key leadership at the firm's subsidiaries as well with investment bankers, accountants, lawyers, tax advisers, M&A targets and potential alliance partners.
- Work with holding company executive team and C-suite of each portfolio company to understand strategic and opportune areas of growth
- Conduct market sizing and competitive analyses for potential M&A targets
- Source, screen, evaluate and execute investment opportunities, including but not limited to public or private debt, leveraged finance, private equity, and direct or co-investment oppo
- Develop financial models and valuations for all opportunities
- Present business cases and recommendations to senior executives and Managing Director
- Collaborate with executive leadership team to conduct due diligence on potential acquisition targets
- Work with the core team to structure, negotiate and execute investment agreements
The Successful Applicant
A strategic investor, with 6+ years post-MBA or comparable work experience in investment banking, strategic consulting, corporate development, M&A, private equity, venture capital, or direct investment.
Industry expertise in either Financial Services, Healthcare, FMCG, TMT sectors would be highly advantageous.
- Sound business judgment with an ability to synthesize, analyze and extract implications
- Ability to think/conceptualize independently and creatively
- Generalist experience across a diversity of industries
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a high pressure, fast paced environment, ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization
- Prior experience in targeting, analyzing and concluding sizable acquisitions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including: market research & data gathering
- Strong qualitative skills including expertise in building complex financial and valuation models
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills combined with strong ability to collaborate with and the gain respect of key stakeholders
- Ability to build and deliver thoughtful, high-impact and high-quality presentations to senior management
- Strong organizational, project management, and execution skills
Candidates looking for a stellar and lucrative career should send an updated c.v. and deal list which demonstrates expertise in the above requirements. This is a rare opportunity to work with one of the best teams in the region.
We endeavor to reply to all relevant applications within 6 hours.
Looking for a different role?
We are Asia's recruitment specialists in the Legal, Compliance, Risk, Audit, Internal Audit, Corporate Governance, Infrastructure (Middle Office), Information Security and Technology fields.
Please send us an updated resume and we will be glad to update you on our current mandates
Alternatively, please do give us a call on +852 3623 7082 or email an up-to-date resume to:
HARBRIDGE PARTNERS - Delivering Unparalleled Talent
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Harbridge Partners Limited
About Harbridge Partners Limited
HARBRIDGE PARTNERS is a boutique, executive search and human capital consultancy firm.
We are an Asia-based, premier human capital consultancy and recruitment specialist in the Legal, Compliance, Risk, Audit, Internal Audit, Corporate Governance,Tax, Infrastructure (Middle Office), Information Security/ Technology and Sales & Marketing, fields.
Due to client requests, we launched our Private Banking / Private Wealth Management Division, servicing all levels of requirements from Private Bankers, Wealth Planners, Tax Consultants to Portfolio Managers, Credit Specialists and support staff.
Our front-line Sales & Marketing Practice, is now headed by an ex-investment banker.
Our Legal, GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) and Internal Audit Practice is managed by a multi-awards winning specialist Legal and Compliance Recruitment Consultant, with over 16+ years specialist experience recruiting in these areas.
Since 2013,we have operated our highly successful Professional Services / Interim Solutions Practice and Engineering and Technology Practices. The Professional services practices is managed by a senior manager with over 15+ years experience with the global Big 4 Accountancy/ Consultancy firms. The Engineering and Technology Practice is headed by an experienced Pan-Asia recruiter with 7+ years experience.
The founding members have over 50 years relevant executive search and direct industry experience within our specialist industry sectors.
We assist our global and local clients in Asia with identifying, developing and recruiting the world’s top talent, exclusively for the fast growing markets of the Asia Pacific regions.
Most of our consultants are multi-lingual and speak fluent English as well as another Asian Language.
HARBRIDGE PARTNERS believe in developing long term relationships through open communication, trust and good, honest, ethical hard work as the foundation of our recruitment practices.
Our consultants have won industry recognition in their specialist areas, for example such as The Asiamoney Polls.
We hope that you will find our market knowledge, professionalism and personal approach, a refreshing change.
To better serve our clients, we have plans to launch our Singapore and Shenzhen offices soon. If you are a recruitment consultant, looking for a truly international working environment and a total commitment to Asia, please do get in touch.
HARBRIDGE PARTNERS - Delivering Unparalleled Talent
Please support the Harbridge Partners / Oxfam Hong Kong 2014 Charity Effort for disaster relief in Asia.
In 2014, Harbridge Partners have pledged to donate HK$100,000, tax free to The Hong Kong Oxfam Emergency Relief Fund to help the needy in Asia.
Please support us, by allowing us to work on your hiring requirements or refer candidates to us!
Alternatively please help us raise money for charity by donating to
Official Oxfam Link:
Would you like to help volunteer your time, skills or talents? Please call our MD, Edward Chen in confidence on +852 6740 1169