jobsDB ref: JHK100003005146686
Employer Ref. LFP-MH
This is the role to execute business strategies and assortment plans to maximize the development of the brands, sales and profits for an e-Com division selling to the US, Canada and UK markets. Identify opportunities and recommend new factories, product or concepts for the division. Manage information across functions working closely with Curation, Inventory Management, Sourcing & Production & Marketing to ensure established processes are followed and timelines met.
- Responsible to build strategic relationships with factories, to meet e-Com needs including capacity, Product Development abilities, MOQ’s and lead times
- Negotiate directly with vendors on costs control
- Responsible to evaluate vendors capacity, production processes and performance before and during production inclusive of raw materials procurement and storage to in-line production and packaging.
- Involvement in Product Development process with Curators to assemble assortment plans by category. Oversee the preparation of Sourcing Briefs.
- Manage the allocation of sourcing briefs to appropriate countries and vendors
- Pre production, provide input on product specs, law labels, packaging requirements and assembly instructions according to standards & regulations in selling countries.
- Communicate directly with vendors to monitor the progress of new developments
- Oversee the review and approval of pre-production samples per agreed timelines
- Oversee production and in-line inspections to ensure production is tracking on-time and meeting agreed shipment dates
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise. Post production, review quality reports and on-line consumer reviews. Implement relevant corrective measures with factories.
- University graduate in Business Administration or related discipline preferred
- 10 years experience of product development in furniture industry at least 5 years in managerial level for USA market
- Strong knowledge on furniture, including costing, construction and materials
- Experience of developing new furniture factories in China
- Minimum 4 years in furniture manufacturing and overseas manufacturing process.
- Liaised with overseas teams is strongly desired
- Good command of spoken & written English and Mandarin
- Station in China and frequently travel to production countries
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Li & Fung Limited
About Li & Fung Limited