A cornerstone of the West Kowloon Cultural District, M+ is Hong Kong’s new museum for visual culture, encompassing twentieth and twenty-first century art, design and architecture, and moving image from Hong Kong, China, Asia, and beyond.
Since 2012, M+ has been presenting diverse public programmes and exhibitions, and is amassing a permanent collection, in the run-up to the scheduled 2019 public opening of the museum building designed by Herzog & de Meuron with TFP Farrells and Ove Arup & Partners HK.
The M+ Pavilion, the first permanent building to be completed in WKCD, will serve as the venue for the exhibitions organised by M+ in the run up to the completion of the main M+ building in 2019.
Editor (Chinese) (Ref: 16195)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005146347
Employer Ref. 16195
You will be responsible for:
- working with the M+ curatorial team to produce and edit excellent written materials and multimedia contents;
- editing and proofreading all texts related exhibitions, public programs, learning programs, and web contents generated by M+;
- liaising closely with internal M+ parties as well as with WKCDA departments such as Marketing and Customer Experience, and Communication and Public Affairs, to ensure consistency in content and language of all published materials; and
- liaising with external parties including, but not limit to, designers, translators and copy-editors.
- possess a recognised university degree in Chinese, journalism, art history, visual-cultural studies or equivalent;
- have at least 7 years of relevant working experience as editor at a museum, or equivalent field such as journalism and publication related to art, design, or visual culture;
- have solid experience of collaborating with stakeholders in producing published materials related to exhibitions, public programs, or learning programs;
- have in-depth experience and knowledge of managing editorial processes and work flows;
- have proven experience of editorial work in the fields of visual culture such as visual art, design, architecture, and cinema;
- possess proven experience in developing and implementing related editorial policies and guidelines;
- be a meticulous, adaptable and creative team-worker who can work independently to manage workload and meet tight deadlines;
- be capable of maintaining strong relationship with both internal parties and external vendors such as designers, translators and copyeditors;
- be familiar with editing software such as InDesign; and
- have excellent oral and written communication skills in Chinese and preferably in English.
For interested parties, please submit your application along with your CV on or before 17 April 2017 via online application or by mail quoting the reference number, name of the position, expected salary and your availability to:
Ms Agnes Chan
West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
Units 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3,
100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from 17 April 2017 may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
For more information
http://www.westkowloon.hk or contact
Ms Agnes Chan at 2200-0013