A cornerstone of the West Kowloon Cultural District, M+ is Hong Kong’s new museum for visual culture, encompassing twentieth and twenty-first century art, design and architecture, and moving image from Hong Kong, China, Asia, and beyond.
Since 2012, M+ has been presenting diverse public programmes and exhibitions, and is amassing a permanent collection, in the run-up to the scheduled 2019 public opening of the museum building designed by Herzog & de Meuron with TFP Farrells and Ove Arup & Partners HK.
The M+ Pavilion, the first permanent building to be completed in WKCD, will serve as the venue for the exhibitions organised by M+ in the run up to the completion of the main M+ building in 2019.
Editor, Web Content (Chinese) (Ref: 16196)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005146365
Employer Ref. 16196
M+ seeks a highly organised web content editor to join its digital team, embedded within the museum’s curatorial department and you will be responsible for:
- preparing content production and social media posting for the museum’s upcoming curatorial web platform;
- building M+’s social media presence on Chinese platforms such as WeChat and Weibo;
- editing, fact-checking and proofreading Chinese text to be published online, such as curatorial essays and video captions;
- translating text in-house from English to Chinese, and liaising with freelancers to edit and translate Chinese-language content appearing online;
- tracking the editing, translation and publication of Chinese content in the digital editorial calendar;
- coordinating with third-party contributors to communicate deliverables, deadlines, and revisions;
- helping to select images and clear rights for media files and other content appearing online;
- drafting documents for the procurement of third-party translators, editors, and other service providers; and
- contributing to big-picture strategies that will drive the long-term development of M+, a museum of visual culture based in Hong Kong with a global vision.
- possess a recognised university degree or equivalent;
- have at least 3-5 years of experience in digital journalism, digital media / communications, or digital content marketing;
- possess native-level Cantonese or Putonghua, with excellent spoken and written English;
- possess excellent writing and editing skills in traditional and simplified Chinese, and experience in translating text from English to Chinese;
- be conversant in Chinese-language social media and social media best practices;
- have experience in publishing web content on CMS platforms;
- be extremely organised, with strong attention to detail;
- have strong people skills, and be able to work well with a variety of personalities; and
- have an interest in visual-culture topics such as design, architecture, art, or moving image.
(Applicants invited for interview will be asked to take a writing and editing test and provide a portfolio of previous clips.)
For interested parties, please submit your application along with your CV on or before 17 April 2017 via online application or by mail quoting the reference number, name of the position, expected salary and your availability to:
Ms Agnes Chan
West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
Units 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3,
100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from 17 April 2017 may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
For more information
http://www.westkowloon.hk or contact
Ms Agnes Chan at 2200-0013