Reporting to the Senior Materials Handling Engineer, the appointee will perform the following responsibilities:
- To operate the materials handling plant safely and efficiently
- To ensure all operational and environmental requirements are complied with and controlled within limits during all phases of operations
- To carry out routine check, tests and other technical operations
- To direct and supervise the workforce to operate the materials handling plant effectively
- To investigate and solve plant problems and handle emergency incidents
- To perform shift duties on a regular basis
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years’ experience, of which 2 years in power plant / industrial plant operations, or
- Holder of a Higher Diploma / Certificate in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or a related discipline with a minimum of 10 years’ experience, of which 5 years in power plant / industrial plant operations, or
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience, of which 6 years in power plant /industrial plant operations and / or maintenance responsibility at Technician or Foreman level
- Knowledge of and experience in handling of coal vessel unloading an advantage
- Good trouble-shooting knowledge of and skills in materials handling plant or a related field
- High level of safety awareness
- Good leadership and supervisory skills
- Good interpersonal skills with a result-driven attitude
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English and Chinese, both written and spoken
Candidates with less experience and lower qualification may be considered for the position of Engineer III (Materials Handling).
Working Location: Lamma Island, transportation to be provided
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with details of qualification, experience, present and expected salaries and contact number to the Human Resources Services Manager, The Hongkong Electric Co., Ltd. on or before 27 January 2017 and quote the reference number in your application. Please also visit our website to know more about our company http://www.hkelectric.com.
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All unsuccessful applications will be kept for six months after the date of this advertisement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strictest confidence and used only for recruitment-related purposes in accordance with the laws and ordinance of the HKSAR.