Reporting to the Senior Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, the appointee will perform the following responsibilities:
- To monitor the progress, quality, effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance work and take appropriate corrective actions as required
- To ensure the spares, consumables and other materials are used correctly without wastage
- To monitor and record various data for the preparation of records and reports
- To ensure all safety rules are followed and proper tools and equipment are used
- To provide technical advices to Foremen and workmen on all maintenance related matters
- To liaise with other teams and sections to ensure the targets are met in a timely manner
- To maintain daily plant records and report any deviations
- To assist in managing contract work including preparation of specifications and tendering documents, and monitoring the progress and checking the quality of work
- work overtime as and when required
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines with a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in mechanical maintenance, or
- Holder of a Higher Certificate / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines with a minimum of 6 years’ work experience in mechanical engineering
- Good planning, organizing and leadership skills
- Knowledge of budget control and ability to assist in the preparation of revenue and capital budgets
- Knowledge of safety procedures, labour legislation and the relevant government ordinances applicable to power plant maintenance activities and safety procedures
- Good command of English and Chinese languages, both written and spoken
Working Location: Lamma Island, transportation will be provided
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with details of qualification, experience, present and expected salaries and contact number to the Human Resources Services Manager, The Hongkong Electric Co., Ltd. on or before 27 January 2017 and quote the reference number in your application. Please also visit our website to know more about our company http://www.hkelectric.com.
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All unsuccessful applications will be kept for six months after the date of this advertisement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strictest confidence and used only for recruitment-related purposes in accordance with the laws and ordinance of the HKSAR.