jobsDB ref: JHK100003004993094
Employer Ref. 576058
- To support the Telstra IP networks which provide internet, private networks, advanced services solutions and managed CPE services. This includes working closely with product management groups to design, test and document new product and service offerings.
- Additional responsibilities include network augmentation for capacity increases and network expansion projects. Support of other Telstra product groups such as VoIP, video and cloud services, ensuring Telstra provides a world's best networking platform driving us towards our business objectives.
Ability to design and create new solutions working closely with product management and network support groups.
Arrange appropriate technical training and testing for Telstra's IP and GMNS NOCs.
Assist sales supports groups as required by supporting design requirements, RFQs and feasibility studies.
Maintain quality customer service by providing third level support for fault resolution to Telstra's International IP & GMNS NOCs.
Ensure stable change management for planned work within Telstra's global network and where appropriate within a customer's managed network through both the development of method of procedure documents as well as implementing upgrades.
Work in close conjunction with the other IP engineering groups, including Planning, Operations and Peering as needed to ensure the network is maintained to global best practices.
Negotiate with vendors for cost effective solutions to meet business demands.
Skills / Experience / Typical Qualifications:Education:
o University graduate in Telecommunication or related study.
o Industry certification is requirement with a preference for candidates with Cisco CCIE and Juniper JNCIE certifications.
o In-depth knowledge of Juniper and Cisco IP networking and equipment in the service provider environment.
- 7 years of experience and sound knowledge in Global Network Administration and Service Assurance.
- Hands on experience support large customer networks particularly with new technologies like Cisco IWAN.
- Hands-on experience on Juniper and Cisco particularly VPNs (layer 2/3), Multi-cast, VPLS/EVPL in large Service Provider network.
- System administration experience, experience with python or C languages a plus.
- Capable of handling complex network issues and delivering customer-focused service support under high pressure
- Ability to make decisions that lead directly to the formulation of improved business solutions, particularly those which impact on Reach's highest margin customers in a highly competitive marketplace. The solutions delivered often are extremely complex and have high visibility, i.e. profile, within the organization.
- Solid experience in managing technical staff, network troubleshooting, implementation and co-ordination
- Good supervisory, communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage large projects with the ability to control the time of delivery will ensuring the budget restraints are achieved.
- Proven ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts to a less technically skilled audience.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
Competencies critical /required to succeed in this role
|Operational Excellence||Demonstrates the ability to quickly and accurately undertake a fundamental analysis of their area of responsibility to achieve sustainable business performance. Achieve continuous improvement through financial and commercial acumen and execution of business processes|
|Solutions and Service Innovation||Broadly seeks innovative and leading-edge approaches to solution design, development and delivery, for Telstra's competitive advantage. Provides broad-based Develops strategies and frameworks to foster an innovation-oriented culture throughout their area of responsibility, with positive impacts on solutions and services for customers|
|Drive for Results||Pushing the boundaries to do things better and striving for challenging goals to deliver the best possible outcomes|
Developing innovative methods, processes and the application of new ideas. Have a focus on continual improvement in order to do things better, quicker and more effectively
|Organisational Agility||Knows how to get things down both through formal and informal channels and networks|
Understands the reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures
Interpersonal skills and people power drive change and transformation
About Telstra Global
About Telstra Global
We believe the more connected people are, the more opportunities they have. That's why we help create a brilliant connected future for everyone, everyday. That's why we build technology and content solutions that are simple and easy to use, including Australia's largest and fastest national mobile network. That's why we strive to serve and know our customers better than anyone else - offering a choice of not just digital connection, but digital content as well. And that's why we have an international presence spanning 15 countries, including China. In the 21st century, opportunity belongs to connected businesses, governments, communities and individuals.
As Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company, Telstra is proud to be helping our customers improve the ways in which they live and work through connection.