Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is the largest hard goods retailer in Canada. We are now seeking a progressive and enthusiastic individual to fill the following position in our Hong Kong branch.
Engineer, Product Engineering
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004918189
The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing and screening suppliers to find the best match for our operational and financial requirements. The candidate will also negotiate and execute projects and programs based on company objectives.
- Oversee Product Engineering activities in Asia Pacific for assigned categories, including product failure investigation and improvement, schedule monitoring, CAP process, Golden sample program.
- Deeply involve in the new product development, both project schedule and technical knowhow, to ensure full visibility and vendor compliance to CTC direction..
- Act as Product Engineering expert with PRO team, vendors, and Category Business Managers (CBM) in the Asian market
- Liaise with Canadian Tire Corporate (CTC) Home Office Quality Assurance team and other stakeholders to execute Product Engineering activities
- Prepare and conduct the Product Engineering kick off at PRO office in support of Merchandising buying trips while before or on sourcing trips and during finalization.
- Prepare the product specification for inspection
- Frequent travel is required
- Degree Holder of engineering disciplines , Major in Electrical or Electronic Engineering will be an advantage;
- At least 10 years practical working experience in product development, engineering at a Retail or Consumer Product organization
- Sound knowledge in the project management, experience in the product costing will be an advantage
- Familiar with the Canada Safety standard, experience in product safety compliance in Lab is a MUST;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin required
- Ability to be self-reliant and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Product knowledge relevant to Furniture, home appliances, sporting goods, seasonal products, toys and consumer electrical product is a definite plus
- Proven technical acumen demonstrated within a manufacturing, quality or consumer products environment
We are a growth company offering a competitive compensation package and a superior work environment to the right candidate. Send us your resume including your current and expected salary by clicking "Apply Now".
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.