The mission of the Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) is to promote productivity excellence for industry to enhance competitiveness and sustainability through a bundle of strategies including collaboration with stakeholders, focus on areas of excellence and scaling up productivity enhancement platforms.
Engineering Officer (Automotive Parts & Accessory Systems R&D Centre) (Ref:APAS229/JDB/281116)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004915913
Employer Ref. APAS229/JDB/281116
- Perform 3D CAD mechanical engineering designs for automotive parts, accessory components, end-products, equipment kiosks and vehicle body
- Conduct stiffness and strength distribution analysis, thermal analysis of mechanical structure designs via computer aid design tools
- Monitor and work with machined parts manufacturers/suppliers in fine-tuning the mechanical designs of R&D project prototypes to fulfill the 3D precision manufacturing requirements
- Support R&D prototypes finishing workmanship, including cable wiring, metal cutting, drilling, polishing, etc.
- Provide technical support and field tests of product prototypes in R&D project implementation
- Degree from disciplines such as Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 2 years or more relevant experience
- Proficient in 3D mechanical and moulding designs of automotive component parts
- Solid work experience in designing equipment kiosks, 18650 sized battery modules, electric vehicle battery pack, and vehicle body
- Familiar with 3D CAD software tools like Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and customer-oriented attitude
- Mature, self-motivated, and analytical skills to solve technical problems
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates.A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by clicking "Apply Now" (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) on or before 12 December 2016.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.