jobsDB ref: JHK100003004920417
Employer Ref. 522790/001
A US based insurance specialist company is now looking for a Financial Analyst to join their team in Hong Kong.
To provide high quality, timely analysis and reports in respect of the financial strength of a portfolio of insurance companies in Greater China, under the close supervision and direction of a Senior Analyst, acting at all times with the highest standards of professional excellence, ethics and integrity.
- Conduct thorough, objective and efficient industry and company research in respect of financial and non-financial information, including audited financial statements, public accounts and other relevant management information
- Perform accurate and timely credit rating and peer analysis
- Produce timely, high quality credit reports to support the assigned ratings, documenting analysis and recommendations to be reviewed and updated by the analytical team leader or senior financial analyst
- Present analysis at rating committee
- Conduct on-going monitoring and surveillance of assigned portfolios, including rating changes, market / industry / regulatory developments, news events and more under the support and guidance of the analytical team leader or senior financial analyst
- Keep up to date with relevant industry, market and professional developments through continued professional development and learning, including, for example, undertaking research, attending seminars, market briefings and presentations and more
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients in respect of information requests and rating decisions, actively participate in discussions at management and other meetings
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of ratings documentation in accordance with the company policy
- Be knowledgeable in and follow the policies, procedures and rating criteria used in rating and project work related to your functional area and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to initiatives to help improve the business process
- May be required to participate in business travel as required by assigned portfolio
- Bachelor degree minimum entry requirement (ideally in Economics, Finance, Business or Accounting from an upper tier university or programme)
- Qualified or Part-qualified Life Actuary, CFA or CPA is beneficial, but not essential
- At least three to five years' experience within the insurance or financial services sector
- Strong financial analysis skills gained, for example from working within accounting, financial planning & analysis, underwriting, capital management, risk management or actuarial department
- Life or health insurance past work experience, Life Reinsurance is preferred
- Solid understanding of financial markets; economic / industry trends, financial ratios and financial statement analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Knowledge of Asian economies and culture is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; superior time management skills; the ability to absorb ideas and facts quickly while maintaining a strict eye for detail
- MS office proficiency
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Robert Walters Hong Kong
About Robert Walters Hong Kong
Robert Walters is one of the world's leading global specialist recruitment consultancies. The Robert Walters brand stands for innovation, vision and leadership in the global recruitment market.
Robert Walters specialises in permanent and contract recruitment across all industry sectors and all levels of seniority, and count the world's leading investment banks, multinational blue-chip commercial organisations and innovative SMEs as clients. Our international network and global brand presence, along with our unrivalled professionalism and specialist knowledge, ensure that we offer only the highest quality of service to both our clients and candidates.
Established in London in 1985, the Group now operates across 24 countries. Robert Walters' Hong Kong office specialises in accounting & finance, banking & financial services, human resources & business support, information technology, legal & compliance, sales & marketing, as well as supply chain, logistics & procurement.
An award-winning business, Robert Walters has a proven track record of providing high quality recruitment services, and our success is further endorsed by the many awards we have won over the years.
For more information about Robert Walters Hong Kong, please visit www.robertwalters.com.hk.