Event and Marketing Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004831294
The Event and Marketing Manager contributes to the overall Marketing effort by developing, executing and supporting marketing initiatives and tracking their progress and impact under the direction of the General Manager. Leading and organizing all corporate events as well as supporting field leaders’ events. In addition, the Marketing Manager will ensure that 100% effort is used in creating the right environment and support whereby growth in revenues, Brand Partner and Customer acquisition, and retention is achieved in accordance with set targets.
Specific Accountabilities/ Essential Functions of Position
Drives international product communication strategies, including the establishment of key messages and development of associated products.
Manages local social medias such as Facebook, Weibo, and Wechat as well as constantly keeps them up to date.
Conducts and coordinates the product-related trainings for Brand Partners and perspectives.
Supports the Customer Service team to provide services to product-related inquiries from Brand Partners.
Responsible for the development and localization of marketing tools and sales aides in conjunction with the Sales and BP Support Manager for local and cultural requirements.
Provides value-added marketing, product and competitive information to support marketing initiatives.
Conducts analysis of market data and identifying patterns, trends and translating those into actionable objectives and tactics to support marketing decisions.
All other duties as assigned.
BA or BS preferred or equivalent experience.
Preferred trilingual including Cantonese, Mandarin, and English
MLM-related experience preferred but not required.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Strong public speaking and stage presentation skills.
Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
Superb analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
Must have strong research and analytical skills.
Must be able to travel. Travel may be required for this role about 10 – 35% of the time
To perform the essential function of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Oral/Written Communication Skills – Conveying and receiving information and ideas efficiently and effectively through a variety of organizational mediums
- Planning & Organizing – Identifies scope of work to be completed, prioritizes work by level of importance, remains focused in the face of distractions or dependencies
- Quality of Work – Amount of work produced together with the necessity of close supervision
- Dependability for Getting Work Done – Takes accountability for tasks, ability to achieve goals, delivers on time, performs independently and accurately
- Industry Knowledge – Understands the direct selling and network marketing industries and can apply it directly to job responsibilities
- Quality of Work – Ability to maintain quality and precision, attention to detail, ability to produce without mistakes
- Acceptance of Responsibility – Assuming responsibility for successfully completing assignments, selfimposing excellence standards
- Job Knowledge – Having achieved a satisfactory level of professional or technical knowledge and/or skill in job related areas
- Ability to Direct and Develop Employees – Managing people, process, and/or projects by providing guidance and direction to others that not only accomplishes results but earns/gains respect
- Control of Operations & Cost – Working within the organization’s budgetary guidelines while minimizing expenses and maximizing efficiency
- Attendance – Arrives to work on time and every day does not miss work without prior and appropriate notification
- Initiative – Seeks new/additional responsibilities, projects, tasks, acts independently, goes beyond limits of tasks with little or no supervision, demonstrates creative thinking skills
- Versatility – Easily adapts to changes in the work environment, readily deals with unexpected delays, events or changes, manages multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Judgment & Decisions – Reasoning effectively and coming to logical conclusions