MEDIA MARCOMMS ASIA is a dynamic and customer centric recruitment firm with head- quarters in Hong Kong. We specialise in Media & Marketing recruitment in Asia and take pride in our in-depth industry expertise. We promise quality, commitment and results.
Event Logistics Manager - Asia Conferences
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004917346
Our client is a market leader in major industry conferences. They attract the best speakers and have the specialist knowledge of the market that their delegates demand. Combined with their experience in the conference, exhibition, corporate hospitality and managed events sector, our client delivers quality events to the market time and time again.
The primary role of the Operations Manager is to execute between 10-13 conferences within the Asia Pacific region (and in some cases in Europe as well) utilizing a network of internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to ensure the highest quality events are staged.
- Liaise with all stakeholders in each event to ensure needs are met:
- Delegates – each delegate to be registered to the in-house database, invoiced, sent joining instructions, chased for payment and any queries answered
- Sponsors – ensuring all elements in contracts are delivered upon – for example sponsored lunches / cocktail, exhibition stand co-ordination, VIP rooms, event signage etc.
- Speakers – obtain biographies and presentations from each speaker, liaise with speakers about conference timings and event information, assist with visa queries as required
- Venue management – source the most appropriate venue in each city the events are taking place, negotiating the best DDR and suitable conference rooms based on the size of the particular event
- Source, negotiate and liaise with suppliers on each event including AV suppliers, dual translation providers, signage, stage-set, and designers (Hong Kong based and overseas suppliers)
- Create delegate packs for each event, comprising event schedule, speaker biographies, sponsor information and other related information such as floorplans
- Budgetary control – ensuring event falls within budget, costs are controlled, prices compared and discounts negotiated without compromising quality
- Financial reporting – full event budget to be managed with accurate forecasting pre event and accurate revenue and cost reporting post-event through liaising with accounts team
- Manage each event on the day and hire and manage onsite temporary staff - international travel required
- 3-5 years of experience in event logistics management for regional corporate events
- Confident, able to work with minimum supervision and show initiative
- Extremely organized - able to multi-task, manage own time and prioritise while remaining deadline focused
- Excellent communication skills – able to deal with people at all levels, good written communication and confident telephone manner (English will be used as standard unless dealing with Chinese clients).
- Accurate and a good eye for detail
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Mandarin is essential.
Interested applicants should APPLY NOW or call +852 3488 2238 for a confidential discussion.