Youth Arch Foundation Limited
Established in 2010, the Youth Arch Foundation (YAF) is a charitable organization dedicated to serving youth in Hong Kong. YAF strives to recognize and foster youth talents; and to encourage youth to contribute to society through community services.
YAF presents two awards annually that aim at commending promising secondary school students, namely the Hong Kong Outstanding Students Award (since 1985) and the Youth Arch Student Improvement Award (formerly known as the Most Improved Students Award) (since 1991). A wide range of activities (e.g. Student Internship Program, Overseas Service Trip, Career and Life Planning Support Programs) are organized for awardees to actively participate in community services and to realize leadership potential. In addition, YAF established the Dreams Club and Youth Committee that provide platforms for youth to interact and learn from each other; and to support youth in terms of their personal, educational, career and life developments.
For more details of YAF, please visit its website.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005146060
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership to the Foundation as to ensure that:
- its programs and initiatives are aligned with value statements and strategic plans set by the Foundation;
- the Secretariat fulfils its major responsibilities in the operation of the Foundation;
- long-term sustainability could be achieved through effective governance and management.
- To design systemic plans for the Secretariat to accomplish specific objectives by setting priorities, goals, reporting system, work schedule and budgeting plan
- To integrate plans and strategies as to ensure continuity of key projects and development of the Foundation
- To manage daily operation and human resources of the Foundation properly and effectively by implementing necessary measures, working processes and policies set by the Board of Directors
- To manage financial operation of the Foundation by preparing annual budget and proper monthly accounting records
- To maintain a good relationship with members of the Foundation by actively engaging members in key initiatives and organizing regular member activities
- To raise the profile of the Foundation by building brand awareness and recognition and developing good relationships with its stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree holder with minimum 8 years of work experience and with proven leadership abilities in non-profit organizations or corporate
- Solid work experience in non-profit youth organizations and/or education an advantage
- Passionate about youth development and training, willing to serve and work with youth; possessing youth-related service experience an advantage
- Strong organizational and management skills and attention to details and numbers
- Strong ability in data processing, attentive to details and numbers
- Good communication skills in English and Chinese, both written and spoken
- Strong sense in concept and content development
- Knowledgeable in MS Office and Chinese processing
- Strong leadership and collaborative abilities in working with peers, youth and volunteers
- Strong sense of responsibility and reliability
- Optimistic personality to handle high pressure environment and tight schedule
- Strong ability to work independently, proactively and efficiently
- Capable of balancing competing priorities and meeting deadlines for multiple assignments concurrently
- Willing to venture into new areas of responsibilities
- Flexible to work in weekends/evenings and overseas occasionally
- Basic Monthly Salary: HK$35,000 – HK$55,000 per month plus discretionary bonus/gratuity (Salary level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the candidate)
- Fringe Benefits: Annual leave, medical benefit and MPF
Cover letter outlining your suitability for the position, together with a personal resume on career experience, qualifications, current and expected salary and earliest start date, should be sent by email.
Candidates who are shortlisted for interview will receive an invitation in about three to five weeks from the date of application. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Less experienced candidates will be considered for the position of Program Director.
(All personal data provided will be kept confidential and used for recruitment related purposes only. Unsuccessful applicants’ application documents and other personal data will be destroyed 12 months after the recruitment process is completed. YAF will ask prospective employees to conduct Sexual Conviction Record Check if necessary.)