Our reputation as one of the world's best Tourism Boards is built on the dedication and professionalism of our staff. We offer excellent opportunities for career development, recognize and reward good performers.
Executive, Event Management -Sport Event (2-year contract)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004997422
Employer Ref. 228-170113-1
- Assist Manager to communicate and undertake the operations of event staging to ensure a smooth running of HKTB mega events;
- Research and familiarise with industry practice to assist event planning and communications with relevant stakeholders;
- Identify, liaise, negotiate and solicit support with stakeholders and partners to materialize agreed event components/ deliverables;
- Liaise, co-ordinate and negotiate with different teams within HKTB to ensure smooth delivery of event components/ deliverables;
- Supervise and monitor service contractors/ supporting organisations to ensure quality and timely delivery of services required in accordance with the agreed scope of services/ roles and responsibilities;
- Process and procure all necessary licenses and permits for staging the event and ensure its compliance with all applicable HK laws and regulations;
- Develop operation plans and administer all related process and logistics for staging the agreed event components in accordance with corporate policy
- Look out for collaboration opportunity with any third party for the virtue of event planning and implementation
- Undertake any other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned by superiors
- University graduates, preferably in disciplines of Communications / Journalism / Event Management
- At least 4 years experience in event management
- Experience in sport event management is highly desired
- Good command of written Chinese and English and attentive to details
- An initiative, responsible and self-disciplined team player with good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with good presentation, communication and organisation skills
- Able to deliver quality work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in PC applications - MS Office, Chinese Word Processing
- Immediately available highly preferred
Interested parties please send resume with availability, present & expected salary by clicking "Apply Now" or by mail to "Human Resources Department, Hong Kong Tourism Board, 9th-11th Floors, Citicorp Centre, 18 Whitfield Road, North Point, Hong Kong" on or before 22 January 2017. Please quote the reference number in the application. Late applications will not be considered.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All Information received will be kept in strict confidence and only for employment-related purpose.