Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the following position:
Executive Officer – School of Humanities and Social Science (Ref: EO (SHSS) 2016-09-23)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004781818
Employer Ref. EO (SHSS) 2016-09-23
- Povide executive and administrative support in the programme administration of the Bachelor of Arts in English (Hons) Programme;
- Assist the Programme Director to execute the policies and procedures in relation to programme management, compiling information and figures, preparing validation/re-validation documents, staffing plans, financial and human resources budgets;
- Lead a small team to provide executive support to the School of Humanities and Social Science and work closely with the academic departments in a wide range of program related matters and day-to-day administration of the School;
- Serve as secretary to various committees and working groups of the School; and
- Liaise with various internal and external parties and handle enquiries and complaints.
- Possess a recognized university degree with at least 3 years’ experience in programme development / management in tertiary institutions, preferably with experience in programme validation;
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese;
- Possess effective administrative abilities and very good interpersonal and organizational skills; and
- Have the ability to work independently, efficiently and under tight timelines.
Applicants should send a full resume with expected salary via clicking "Apply Now" or by post to Human Resources Office, Hang Seng Management College, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong on or before 10 October 2016. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please indicate the post applied for and mark 'Application - Confidential' and the reference number on the cover. All information received will be treated in strict confidence. The data collected will be used for recruitment purposes. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
Hang Seng Management College is incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability by guarantee.