OCSiAl Hong Kong Limited
OCSiAl is an international company that has developed a breakthrough technology of low-cost industrial scale production of single wall carbon nanotubes, for the first time enabling their wide commercial use.
In 2014 OCSiAl entered the nanomaterials market with over 75% pure SWCNTs under the TUBALL™ brand name. OCSiAl is developing TUBALL-based masterbatches for a variety of applications: lithium-ion batteries, elastomers, polymer composites, transparent conductive films, and others. OCSiAl has offices located in the US, Europe (UK, Luxembourg, Germany, Russia), and Asia (South Korea, Singapore). Find out more at www.ocsial.com.
Finance Director (Controller)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004834216
Finance Director (Controller)
Duties and Responsibilities
The Financial Director’s position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage the outsourced functions (such as Chinese payroll).
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary operations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analysis as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with government reporting requirements and taxes in Hong Kong and China.
- Familiarity with accounting standards in Hong Kong and China - required.
- Good working knowledge of English and Mandarin Chinese - required.
- Familiarity with the specialty chemicals wholesale industry - desirable.
- Familiarity with the NetSuite ERP software is desirable - desirable.
Primarily in the Hong Kong office. Will be expected to travel and spend time as needed to China (Shenzhen) and other company subsidiaries in Asia. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.