Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Financial Markets Middle Office Analyst
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004835267
Employer Ref. 531136-27
Front Office Support function across Global Financial Markets with a focus on FX and Rates businesses covering cash and derivatives products. Roles are directly aligned to business stakeholders with a goal of achieving best in class client service, process standardization, volume scalability and cost efficiency.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Phased delivery of Sales/Trading support capabilities and focus on continuous improvements
* Enhanced client experience through improved turnaround times, effective communication and quality assurance
* Achieve regulatory compliance through a strong understanding of current rules and anticipation of upcoming regulations
* Active industry participation and steer with global view
* Adherence to Ops Risk Framework standards of implementation and process management
* Manage vendor capabilities and closely monitor industry developments and utility offerings
* Maximize use of industry wide facilities targeting standardization and STP (eg MarkitWire, CLS, Trianna, etc)
* Stakeholder management ensuring strong communication, transparency and prioritization
* Support delivery of key strategic infrastructure initiatives, providing requirements, participation in UAT and transitioning of BAU functions
* Provide subject matter expertise, representation of Operations to the business and clients
* New Business/Product enablement including booking model drafting and approval
* Representation for external/internal and regulator audits
Qualifications and Skills
* Middle Office experience from Sales or Trading support role
* Domain expertise across financial markets products including cash and derivatives
* Analytical mindset, attention to detail
* Strong track record for delivering process efficiency and scalability
* Proficient presentation/communication skills
* Demonstrate strong teamwork with internal and external groups
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 11/30/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.