MassMutual Financial Group
MassMutual Financial Group is one of the largest global financial services organizations. It is a marketing designation for the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliates.
- Established in 1851, MassMutual has 165 years of experience in risk- and wealth-management services.
- Ranked by FORTUNE as one of the "Five Largest US Life Insurance Companies"1 and "FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies"2.
- Enjoys exceptionally high financial ratings3 from major rating agencies:
- A.M. Best Company: A++ (Superior; top category of 15)
- Fitch Ratings: AA+ (Very Strong; second category of 21)
- Standard & Poor's: AA+ (Very Strong; second category of 21)
- Asset under management of US$642 billion4
- Serves 13,000,000 customers worldwide.
- Group members include world-renowned Baring Asset Management Limited and OppenheimerFunds, Inc.
- Achieved steady and solid business growth in 2015:
- Worldwide insurance in force was US$617 billion
- Dividends to policyholders were over US$1.7 billion
- Premium and other deposits totaled US$45 billion
- Offers life insurance, annuities, disability income insurance, long-term care insurance, retirement planning products, mutual funds, asset management, trust services and other financial products and services.
- Introduced a unique philanthropic program, LifeBridgeSM, that has provided over US$685 million of free life insurance to people in need.
MassMutual Financial Group now has a worldwide operations network of more than 1,800 offices located throughout the United States and in South America, Europe and Asia. These cater to the financial and insurance needs of 13 million individual and corporate customers with a broad range of financial and insurance products and services.
1. Ranked according to the aggregate results of [Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)] and [Insurance: Life, Health (Stock)] on the total revenues for 2015, based on the FORTUNE 500 as published on June 15, 2016.
2. Ranked according to the results in “Life and Health Insurance” category in the 2014 FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies survey based on financial soundness, long-term investment value, people management, social responsibility, use of assets, quality of management, quality of products/services, innovation and global competitiveness.
3. Ratings apply to Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company. Ratings are as of May 1, 2016 and are subject to change.
4. Figure as of December 31, 2015.
Financial Planning Consultant
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004835121